Posting some of my work... - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old June 16th, 2003, 07:43 PM   #16
Wrangler

Cool stuff, I'm hungry now.
Old June 16th, 2003, 07:48 PM   #17
Regular Crew

ok, im thinkin of wrong tansmission then...my old roomie had the standard 4 door protege...the transmission was very easy to shift, but rather "loose" feeling. One of the guys i used to werk with in FL just got an STI...cant wait to go back down there and drive that beast!

anyhoo, the wing thing...any clips to show us? did u edit it on Vegas?

Trey Perrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2003, 05:07 AM   #18
Wrangler

Mark, we just submitted it to it's first festival- whether it gets accepted or not...I dunno. But it seems to be fitting. It's a film festival that is trying to collect works that were filmed in Philly. And the best part is there is a Food/Culinary catagory for entry. Wouldn't that be hillarious if it "qualified" for that entry- it'd be funny because I'm sure every other entry in it's class will be serious...ya know, about some local restaurant or budding chef- then here we are with this off the wall doc (about food) but not quite like the others. ;)
We've considered maketing it but we don't know all the ins and outs regarding the legality of it. For example don't we need written consent of all the people in it if we are marketing it for profit. Also what about bystandards.....do we have to blur their faces out if we don't have a written agreement for them to be included in the doc?

Trey, yeah the P5 and the standard Protege are worlds apart. The P5 has a front strut bar and front and rear bottom sway bars factory installed...needless to say it handles incredibly bone stock! It's a little skimping on the hp department but that's what a Bell Engineering supercharger is for. There's a bunch of guys that went this route on another forum I frequent- some have even posted videos of their runs...you'd be suprised how fast some of them are- breaking into the high 14's with this little mazda. lol

Unfortunatly we edited the entire doc in Premiere 6.02. I had no working knowlege of Vegas at the time. I can't wait till I get up and running with it- I was watching the ClassOnDemand DVD 2 last night and the Pan/Crop tool OWNS Premiere's "Motion" tool!
Glen Elliott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2003, 06:20 AM   #19
Major Player

I know there is someone on the board that knows that answer, as I'm only theorizing - but for our doc, we are getting releases signed by ANYONE that's recognizable in the piece. We're also getting location releases to show their buildings in the doc and (in the case of the sculptor), he has unfinished "works in progress" all over his studio that are coming up in the background, and I'm getting releases to show his pieces of art (without compensation), including the Wright Brother's statues themselves.

However, I just don't know if I NEED to do all that, I'm just doing it. In a place with 23,000 smiling faces, I would think some are going to be recognizable, as well as the other contestants.

Can anyone answer this definitively for us?

Good luck getting in the festival. My one short was oh-for-four on the festival attempts!
Old June 17th, 2003, 01:42 PM   #20
High School Student

Mark, the best idea for filming a big venue with lots of people, legally, is to put a sign outside the entrance(s) saying something along the lines of "BY ATTENDING THIS VENUE YOU MAY APPEAR ON VIDEO".
Alex Knappenberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2003, 01:54 PM   #21
Major Player

That's certainly the easiest way to do it, but is it legal? I wouldn't have a clue! I'll certainly need to find out when I go to Kitty Hawk during the Flight Centennial week. It will be packed there!

-----

I did a search for "waiver release" and came up with some interesting info - but the more releases you have, the better off you are - though anyone can sue at any time, regardless of release. And if you harm someone's reputation, they have a better chance.

At least that's the intent of what I read!
Old June 18th, 2003, 02:58 PM   #22
Tourist

releases...

I interned on teh show "Life Moments" and went on a few shoots in Los Angeles as a PA in charge of getting all the needed releases. From what I remember, you need to have releases for any person interviewed, as well as featured groups or people you specifically pick out of the crowd to include in a shot. Especially minors. General crowd shots don't necessitate getting a release from everyone who was there, but you do need to do something along the lines of what Alex was saying. I'm not sure what the exact words you need to include are, but you need to put the signs in a highly visible area, and explicitly express that by attending the event in question, they give their unconditional permission to the producers for their likeness to be used. It's good to have contact info as well. Hope that answers some of your questions :)
Powell Browne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2003, 03:02 PM   #23
Tourist

oh yeah...

Nice shots, Glen. I've seen that bloody nose animation before, do I know you from some other BB or something ;) hehe
Old June 18th, 2003, 04:49 PM   #24
Wrangler

Maybe on the Flash Kit forums....I used to frequent those forums under the handle "Oblivion".
Old June 18th, 2003, 06:59 PM   #25
Major Player

Thanks, Powell. Very informative.
Old June 19th, 2003, 06:56 PM   #26
Tourist

flash anim...

I think I saw it as an avatar for someone on some forum, maybe protege5.com. Maybe it was you.

No prob, Mark.
Old June 20th, 2003, 08:22 AM   #27
Wrangler

Heyy what's up man- yeah it was me. What's up man! Small world, huh! My handle over at the Protege board is "LazerBlueP5".
Hehe- it took me a few seconds to put two and two together- I've been having email coorespondence with you for a few days. Darn I'm dense sometimes. Did you join this forum after I linked you to it?
Old June 22nd, 2003, 01:43 PM   #28
Tourist

hey how's it going? yeah... you're link inspired me to take part in the forum. looks like a nice place to get some info and talk to other people in the field.
Old June 22nd, 2003, 06:32 PM   #29
Wrangler

Most definitly- welcome aboard. Btw, I'll send you some clips of work I did. That is of course if your mail server can handle 4mgs.
Glen Elliott is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion