Red color missing, LCD monitor or projector at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old December 13th, 2007, 07:56 AM   #1
Major Player

Red color missing, LCD monitor or projector

This is a PC desktop computer oriented question, I cannot find an answer anywhere. Primary display DVI, attach a secondary display VGA, both on video card, and 2nd display is supported. On a CRT everything looks normal, on an LCD monitor or projector the red color band is missing. Thinking it might be the card, ATI 9600XT, several years old I happened to purchase a brand new computer last night, pretty high end, happily thinking my troubles were over and it did the same thing, the secondary display will not show the red color band, there is no adjustment. What is causing this? Any help would be beyond appreciated. Do I need a dual DVI card? But why does a CRT look normal? The blue/yellow look is awful. Sorry for the long post and wasn't sure where to post this but I found that most answers in life can be found on this forum. Thanks!
Michael Best is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2007, 08:13 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Years ago I had a monitor go bad and it lost the red band. It Doesn't seem that this is your case.

If you end up with the same 'no red' on both lcds, try plugging the lcd's to something else. If that works, then you might be looking at a card issue. If you have another card, you could try that. If you are using adapters that go from DVI to VGA, switch that out. That's just off my head.
Old December 13th, 2007, 08:42 AM   #3
Major Player

Thanks for the response - I've tried multiple configurations with no luck. All monitors work normal, not using any VGA adapters. What re-sparked this for me was I was dumbfounded that the new computer with the higher end card in it did the exact same thing. They do not do this on a CRT but I don't want to use a CRT.
Michael Best is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2007, 06:48 PM   #4
Major Player

Son of a gun, it was a bad cable........
Michael Best is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion