True 16x9 adapter for only $99 for SD cams!!! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Closed Thread

Old December 13th, 2007, 12:47 PM   #1
Major Player

True 16x9 adapter for only $99 for SD cams!!!

Don't junk that PD150 just yet, it may have an afterlife as a second camera for projects you are shooting with an HD camcorder but delivering in SD, now that you can shoot in 16x9 with the adapter.

Don't know if you guys have heard about this, but Schneider/Century are closing out their stock on these adapters for VX/PD and other 55mm lens cameras. These 16x9 adapters originally sold for $895 and are close out at $99!!!

http://www.schneideroptics.com/Ecomm...D=1072&IID=873

I spoke with Nathan at Century Optics in Van Nuys a few minutes ago, and he has fifteen of the screw-in models left. The bayonet style sold out yesterday before I heard about this deal. Don't sweat in; I don't imagine you'll need to quickly switch adapters in the middle of a 16x9 shoot.

You can call Nathan at 818-766-3715, press ext 103 (or look up the 800#)

Good luck!

Wayne Orr, SOC
Old December 13th, 2007, 12:51 PM   #2
Obstreperous Rex

See http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=109406 for more information.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Old December 13th, 2007, 01:44 PM   #3
Major Player

Figures

LOL. I should of known you guys would be way ahead of me on this. Guess I'll have to start hanging out here again instead of the anti-administration sites. BTW, you can catch my first YouTube video from an anti-war demonstration a couple months ago in Washington here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPNRoA6w0QU
Thought I would shoot a couple reels of tape, and have over four hours of footage from an amazing day in Washington.
Wayne
Old December 13th, 2007, 01:57 PM   #4
Obstreperous Rex

Just a reminder, we don't get into politics on this site. No matter how strongly you feel about a political issue, there's always somebody else from the other side more opinionated than you are. Discussions over "who is right" serve only to polarize an online community, so we just avoid them altogether. Thanks for understanding!

Please use the discussion thread linked above for any replies about the 16x9 adapter.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion