AVI mpeg >> batch convert? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old February 1st, 2008, 12:21 PM   #1
Major Player

AVI mpeg >> batch convert?

Hi,

Long story short, does anyone know of a good (free) application that will convert AVI mpeg video (Small Wonder footage) to a more usable raw format?

Basically, I am shooting video with a cheap camera, and using Windows Movie Maker to edit... but due to the compression of the video, WMM will crash (when trying to scrub) unless I convert the video to a non-mpeg non-compressed format.

Currently, I can import the footage, place it on the WMM timeline, and export as NTSC footage... Then I re-import, and I am able to scrub with the converted footage on the timeline.

I am on a PC/Vista.

Seems like there are a ka-zillion applications out there, but I was wondering what the pro users suggest. :)

Many thanks in advance!
Cheers,
Micky
Micky Hulse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2008, 01:26 PM   #2
Inner Circle

VirtualDub does this, it's a free, very stable, very user friendly application on PC. Another one, available both for the PC and Mac is MPEG Streamclip - you will have to install Quicktime before you can use it.
Old February 1st, 2008, 02:39 PM   #3
Major Player

Excellent! Thank you Ervin!

It seems like there are so many options available when Googling... I definitely appreciate your help here. :)

Have a great day!
Cheers,
Micky
Micky Hulse is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion