Photo Morphing at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old March 14th, 2008, 05:51 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Photo Morphing

Hello again. I have seen this technique used before, like in the Rolling Stones Video "Like a Rolling Stone" by Michel Gondry. Here is a YTMND that has the same effect. This site is completely SFW.

http://beautifulwomenchangefacialexpressions.ytmnd.com/

I was wondering how something like that is achieved and what the specific name for that animation is, if there is one. I have always wanted to try doing something like that, but have never know where to begin. Thanks again.

Mitch
Mitch Buss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2008, 12:00 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Does anyone have any suggestions?
Mitch Buss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2008, 12:24 PM   #3
Major Player

Never imagined I'd meet somebody else who frequents YTMND on this site. Small internet.

Your question may get more detailed, experienced responses over in the Digital Compositing and Effects forum, where I suspect this thread may be moved shortly, but that's just called "morphing", as far as I know. It'd be "warping" if you were dealing with a single image.

I know RE:Vision's RE:Flex plugin lets you do that, but it doesn't come cheap. I found Morpheus Photo Morpher in a quick Google search, for something more affordable, but I'm sure you can find a thousand others if you're willing to wade through search results.
Robert Martens is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion