Any 3D animation developers in the house? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old July 14th, 2003, 11:27 AM   #1
High School Student

Any 3D animation developers in the house?

Hey, I am wondering if anyone here does or knows someone who does 3D animation? I can't pay anything, but then again I don't have high expectations for the final product, it just needs to get the point across, i'm not expecting any star wars or anything, just some simple stuff, so you don't need to be the best at it either. All I need is a couple things for this video I will be doing, where I am building the set in my garage completely out of duct tape, cardboard, and spraypaint, and it's intended to be C.H.E.A.P. It's going to be the inside of a ghetto spaceship, and I am going to put greenscreen where the windows and door to the outside would be, so I just need some animation where it looks like they are flying through space, and then I need one of the spaceship just zipping through space from the outside, and then one more to put on the green screen that would kind of look like the inside of a human, basically poo....heh, it would make since if I told you the idea for the video, but it's GENIUS!

Thanks.
Alex Knappenberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2003, 06:24 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Alex,

Although I'm not totally clear I understand your animation requirements, I notice you use Vegas 4.0. You can animate a spaceship flying through space using keyframes.

I just experimented and in a few minutes had a (sorta) spaceship flying around earth. Pardon the ugly spaceship, it was just a handy graphic I had that had transparency.

http://www.magoomedia.com/media/spaceship.wmv
Old July 14th, 2003, 06:28 PM   #3
High School Student

Thanks Jim, I didn't consider that. Good idea.

So let me change my original question, is there anyone here who does good just general computer generated still images? I'd need a spaceship, a butt looking planet, and some other stuff, heh, if it looks cartoonish, thats cool too.
Alex Knappenberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2003, 09:01 AM   #4
Major Player

Jim, I've heard about flying saucers, but yours looked more like a flying pan :- ) .
Anyway - good idea. You know you can use the text generator in Vegas to create animations like that. Take a look at these three little practices, all done with fonts (apart from the water background video):
Writing
ABCD
Fish
Tor Salomonsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2003, 10:04 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Cool text examples Tor. I'm a little weak with Vegas's text generator but your examples got my attention.

At lunch today, I'll see what I can read up on in the Vegas Manual.

A "Flying Pan" .... I like the sound of that.
Old July 15th, 2003, 10:18 AM   #6
Major Player

Once I realised that I could use all kinds of fonts - not just alphabetic - I had a great time making little animations like that. There are thousands of icon or dingbats fonts out there, many of them free, and Vegas can make them dance.
Tor Salomonsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2003, 12:51 PM   #7
Regular Crew

Alex, did you need a flying saucer? If so, maybe I can help you find one? let me know...

John
Old July 16th, 2003, 09:09 AM   #8
Regular Crew

Alex, you might stop by and post your request on the forums at dvgarage.com. Lots of quality modellers and animators there, and probably a few that would be happy to whip something out for you.

http://www.dvgarage.com/garage/break/forums/index.php
Brian M. Dickman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2003, 09:39 AM   #9
Capt. Quirk

Alex- If you can shoot me a sketch of what you are looking for, I might be able to help you out.
K. Forman is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion