Looking for a way to convert SEDG mpeg4's at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old April 29th, 2008, 05:19 PM   #1
Trustee

Looking for a way to convert SEDG mpeg4's

I have tried Bink and Smacker and cannot seem to get rid of stuttering or the audio problem with this darn Samsung camera. Is there a nice easy method of converting the Samsung files to AVI so I can bring them into my NLE for editing? When I tried Blink and Smacker using uncompressed, the files were enormous. When I tried using DIVX slow and fast mpeg as a codec, but nothing seems (at least for me) to work with these darn files.

Anyone else tried and succeeded? They won't seem to open in Virtualdub (or any NLE) either, even with the Miniket codec installed on my system.
David Delaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2008, 03:23 PM   #2
Trustee

I have tried Bink and Smacker again and got it to work so-so with Mpeg-Slow/Fast and then into Virtual Dub, but there has to be a better way...
David Delaney is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion