DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Open DV Discussion (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/open-dv-discussion/)
-   -   Could you shoot this? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/open-dv-discussion/122799-could-you-shoot.html)

Paul Cascio May 31st, 2008 07:06 AM

Could you shoot this?

I think I'd shoot myself first. This is amazing.

http://www.brightcove.tv/title.jsp?title=1438490562

Andy Graham May 31st, 2008 07:29 AM

in this country they wouldn't let you on a thing like that...........id like to see the maniac that built the path!

Paul Cascio May 31st, 2008 08:16 AM

That's what I was thinking. Had to be inmates or something, cause no sane person would do it. What an incredible piece of engineering. I was also surprised that there were so many others our there. These must be the same people who run with the bulls each year in Pamplona.

Dean Sensui May 31st, 2008 02:52 PM

In the sections where concrete fell out, there's a lack of steel reinforcement.

Which means that cracks could lead to sudden failure and down you go, unless you're clipped into the safety line along the wall. And the guy who shot this wasn't using the safety line at all. In fact, in the video you can see only one person taking the time needed to clip himself in.

Andy Wilkinson May 31st, 2008 03:02 PM

Amazing, truely amazing video. My wife could not watch it for more than a few seconds without the feeling of vertigo...whilst I couldn't not watch it as it got more and more dangerous! (they always say opposites attract!)

Chris Barcellos May 31st, 2008 04:52 PM

Recurring Nightmare

I've had a recurring nightmare about walking along a narrow path, and being unable to turn around. In the dream, the path come to an end, and I have no where to go. This is just like that dream...

Bruce Foreman May 31st, 2008 05:02 PM

Well, I watched it all the way through. What got to me most was seeing both feet as he did a "tightrope" walk on the rusty pipe on those sections where all the concrete had fallen through.

And the pace he kept. I guess his balance was better moving more rapidly than going slowly.

And he had to have been using a hands free cam of some sort. I can't see anyone doing that with an eye glued to a viewfinder or LCD screen.

Richard Alvarez May 31st, 2008 05:15 PM

My brother sent me that video clip a few months ago. I have to say, the "PUCKER FACTOR" went through the roof on that one. I'm not afraid of heights, love to fly sailplanes - but the situation of falling 'through' a walkway like that - gives me the heebie jeebies.

From the look of his shadow, he seems to be wearing some sort of 'steady harness' for the camera - you can also tell its fairly smooth as he walks up or down steps. Not sure which brand it is, but its some amazing work. Which would also leave both hands free in a tight spot.

Marco Leavitt May 31st, 2008 06:54 PM

Yeah, I was wondering how he got the shot so steady too.

Paul Cascio June 2nd, 2008 02:50 AM

My knees would have been shaking so much that even the best stabilizer wouldn't have helped.

Mark Holland June 2nd, 2008 07:49 AM

Wow!

I wanted to stop watching half-way through, but I couldn't. I kept waiting for something (or someone) to fall. All I can say is "WOW!"

And No Paul, I couldn't shoot that!

Robin Hall June 5th, 2008 12:07 PM

Amazing:

I would have been ok right up untill the first pipe walk ;), then it woulda been,
I outta here, see ya back at the bottom bud.

Barry Rivadue June 5th, 2008 12:39 PM

I would have fallen off just standing there!

Scariest video >ever<.

=:O

Chris Soucy June 5th, 2008 03:11 PM

Shoot it?

I'd rather have shot myself, quite frankly!

Hey, Robin from London ON, I was born there, ain't it a small world!

CS

PS. Just noticed that's exactly how this thread started - sorry Paul!

Jim Miller June 5th, 2008 06:30 PM

This is great! Exactly the kind of thing I'd do! Nothing like getting the ol blood pumping early in the morning.