iTunes Visualizer at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old July 26th, 2003, 12:51 PM   #1
Major Player

iTunes Visualizer

Hello everyone,
Have a few questions.

1.) Does anyone know if the visualizer, on iTunes, is affected by the beat of the music?

2.) If you are able to put these moving effects on video, and then include ( edit them into a project), are you violating any copy right laws, since they follow no specific pattern?

3.) Can they be copy righted by Mac/Apple or anyone else for that matter?

Thanks
B. Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2003, 01:50 PM   #2
Warden

Yes, the tempo or beat effects the colors, patterns and tempo of the designs. I do not believe that it would violate any copyright laws. However, I'm not an attorney and I don't give legal advice. I would print out a copy of the iTunes EULA and have your attorney review it before undertaking any big commercial venture.

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Where to Buy? From the best in the business: DVinfo.net sponsors
Jeff Donald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2003, 03:16 PM   #3
Major Player

That's a good question. There are tons of visualizers out there that do the same thing (WiMP has one, as well as Winamp and a bunch of other music programs). I would expect that while the iTunes one might be a set of copyrighted algorithms, you could probably find an open source one and in that case it would be fine to use. On the other hand, it would be pretty hard to tell which program you got it from so you're probably fine ;)
Old July 26th, 2003, 03:31 PM   #4
Warden

Even many freeware programs restrict commercial use of their software. The authors may just want a mention or a link to their site etc., It's always best to check before diving in.

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Where to Buy? From the best in the business: DVinfo.net sponsors
Jeff Donald is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion