DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Open DV Discussion (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/open-dv-discussion/)
-   -   Font (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/open-dv-discussion/136437-font.html)

Ervin Farkas October 22nd, 2008 05:40 AM

Font

1 Attachment(s)
Can anyone recognize this font? It's a poor quality picture I took with my cellphone camera (the only one handy at the moment) off of a big screen TV, but I hope it's still clear enough. The picture is from NBC's "Today" morning show.

Thank you,

Greg Laves October 22nd, 2008 08:09 AM

Ervin, I have hundreds of fonts but nothing exactly like that. But I could get closest by typing everything in all caps and using about 20 - 25% smaller letters where there would usually be lower case letters. By doing it that way, @MS Pgothic font was fairly close.

Emrys Roberts October 22nd, 2008 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ervin Farkas (Post 954092)
Can anyone recognize this font? It's a poor quality picture I took with my cellphone camera (the only one handy at the moment) off of a big screen TV, but I hope it's still clear enough. The picture is from NBC's "Today" morning show.

Thank you,

It looks to me to be just a basic Sans Serif font, like Myriad Pro perhaps. The small caps setting is what your seeing with the first letters being larger than the rest. In any adobe program it's under the character window with an icon that looks like I large T next to a small T.

Ervin Farkas October 23rd, 2008 05:54 AM

You guessed it right, the slightly taller caps is what I'm after; unfortunately I can't apply either solution suggested by you guys because Edius' titler is fairly basic. Guess I need the pro titler...

Gary Nattrass October 23rd, 2008 06:29 AM

Can you not just do the caps in 12 point and the other letters in 10 point to get the same effect? Or whatever size suits?

Gary Brun October 23rd, 2008 06:45 AM

Try here for fonts.
dafont.com

Ervin Farkas October 24th, 2008 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gary Nattrass (Post 954493)
Can you not just do the caps in 12 point and the other letters in 10 point to get the same effect? Or whatever size suits?

No Garry, I can't do that in Edius; as I mentioned, the titler is very basic - I can only set the characteristics for the whole text, can't set it character by character.

Ervin Farkas October 24th, 2008 09:20 AM

Got it!

1 Attachment(s)
Well, not exactly that one, but one very similar. It's called Copperplate Gothic and it came I think with MS Office. In the fonts folder it's called COPRGTL.TTF. In the attached picture is the lower one, in black (the upper one is Papyrus).

Thanks guys,

Bill Busby October 24th, 2008 10:14 PM

I was going to suggest that font when I first started reading this post.

Any time any of you are trying to find out what a specific font is try
WhatTheFont : MyFonts

It works fairly well in many cases.