Sony DSR-60 Question at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old December 14th, 2008, 01:44 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Sony DSR-60 Question

I purchased a Sony DSR-60 player back in about 1999 or 2000. I was part of the first generation of Mini-DV players and recorders that Sony released.

At the time I used it to view and log time code from shoot tapes. The deck was also used to load video into an AVID system. At the time I was using an editing service to work at.

Now I am editing at my place and I would like to use it to input video.

However, I believe that the output of the DSR -60 is not a digital signal but an analog signal. I think the AVID system would digitize the signal as it was being stored on the hard drive(s). Can anybody confirm this for me?

Did Sony ever make a digital output card for this player that would allow it to output a digital signal?

My current editing setup is a Dell Workstation running the latest version of Sony Vegas Movie Maker.
Michael Dunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2008, 01:15 AM   #2
Trustee

IIRC, I don't THINK that the DSR-60 has native Firewire out.

It had a OPTIONAL board to provide digital out via SDI.

And even if it has one of those included, you'd need a SDI/DV bridge product. And all of those I know about run $1500 plus. Check Markertek under SDI Firewire.

So Sorry, but I don't think you're going to be able to use this as a NLE feeder unless you throw more money at it or can find used versions of the bridge products you need.
Bill Davis is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion