Looking for RGBS Capture that wont break the bank.... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old March 6th, 2009, 05:13 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Looking for RGBS Capture that wont break the bank....

Is there such an animal that will allow me to convert RGBS to firewire? I might even go SDI if I need to. I've found solutions in the many thousands of dollars range, but cant afford that.

Even if I could get it to YPbPr I could ingest it a lot easier. This is vexing me.

Please help! The interweb search engiens are either useless, or I'm useless at searching with them. Type in anything containing RGBS, and you get everything but. RGB, RGsB, RGBs, but very little RGBS unless it's just telling me what it stands for. Ugh...
Andy Pronobis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2009, 11:48 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Hi Andy............

Hmmm, well, it would probably be a good place to start by telling us where this RGBs signal is coming from, and why, exactly, you want to convert it to Firewire.

The device producing it must be quite unusual, as RGBs is very uncommon today - this thing an antique?

[Anyone who asks the same about me will be in serious trouble - OK?]

The only consumer stuff as offered RGBs, to my limited knowledge, is European, and even that is dissapearing at a great rate.

CS
Chris Soucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2009, 08:32 AM   #3
Regular Crew

I've got a bunch of Sony CCU's and cameras that are older than the dirt that's collected on them... CCU-M3's and DXC-3000A cameras. They're still in mint working order and it's a shame that I have to do any capturing via composite video. A few friends at work and I have an idea to use them in a project, but that composite sync is vexing us. Nothing that I can find will take an RGB with composite sync. A hundred devices will turn existing signals INTO RGBS, but not the other way around.

-andy
Andy Pronobis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2009, 01:18 PM   #4
Regular Crew

If you're on a Mac the Blackmagic Video Recorder should work.
Chris Rackauckas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2009, 03:34 PM   #5
Inner Circle

Maybe.............

this?

http://www.pro-bel.com/catalogue/PDF..._V1623_K_L.pdf

Can't find a price tho'.

CS
Chris Soucy is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion