Still Frame and Field Capture? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old March 10th, 2009, 09:40 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Still Frame and Field Capture?

I need to capture still frames and fields from short video clips. Before I used Rex Video, but it is no longer available and does not work on my new XP computer.

Anyone know of some simple video capture software that will allow me to export frames and fields in BMP or TIFF files?

Windows Movie Maker only allows frame export in poor quality JPEG, so it does not work for me.

Appreciate any help.

Thanks.
Bob Prichard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2009, 08:52 PM   #2
Trustee

Adobe Premire Elements can do nice frame captures, as can (I think, have not used these) Ulead and Pinnacle consumer editing programs. This program will do jpeg captures only, but I've had fair luck with some of their stuff, and it's free: Screen Recording and Streaming Video Capture Software
so it might be worth a look..../Battle Vaughan /miamiherald.com video team

Addendum: ran into this by coincidence, looks good but I have not tried it: product called Topaz Moment, from www.topazlabs.com Not too expensive, looks like it offers some good tools..../bv

Last edited by Battle Vaughan; March 12th, 2009 at 09:50 AM. Reason: addendum
Battle Vaughan is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion