New Music Video - HVX200 SLOW MO at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old April 5th, 2009, 06:18 PM   #1
Tourist

New Music Video - HVX200 SLOW MO

Hey everyone, new member but long time reader for help on a variety of issues I've encountered in production. I thought I would start with a little show and tell. This is a new music video I directed for an artist named Perilelle. The song is called Damages. We shot this in one day in a parking garage using a HVX200 camera stock. The main shots were recorded at 36fps and the breaking at 60fps. Any feedback and your thoughts on the video are appreciated.

YouTube - Perilelle - Damages
Sean McLeod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2009, 07:34 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Really nice! I like the dark aspect of it...

But looking at your account, you're also from Windsor! Which garage was it shot at, if I'm allowed to know.
Bradley Ouellette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2009, 12:46 PM   #3
Tourist

It was shot in the lower basement level of the Royal Windsor Terrace Apts on the Park and Pelissier...
Old April 6th, 2009, 01:21 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Right on. I don't mean to keep bugging you but, where do you get your equipment from. The only half decent place I have found around here was Henry's on Howard near the mall. And even with the bad dollar and high shipping costs, B&H still is cheaper...
Bradley Ouellette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2009, 07:33 AM   #5
Tourist

Henrys is good for used stuff, but yeah it is over priced. I bought my equipment from all over, from Amazon to B&H to DVXuser.com to some stuff at Vistek in Toronto... but that is definitely usually too expensive. I would look in Detroit for the best deal.
Old April 7th, 2009, 12:35 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Thanks dude. I stopped by Henry's today. Was looking at maybe a HV30, was 949, compared to 599 at B&H. I think my first resort would to post on this forum to find something. Where in Detroit could I get some gear? I looked and all I could come up with was wal-mart and bestbuy.
Bradley Ouellette is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion