oldies but goodies - advice welcome at DVinfo.net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old November 6th, 2003, 02:41 PM   #1
Major Player

Studio camera - advice welcome

Hi

I am setting up an indoor studio facility using two studio cameras via Pana MX50 mixer into a Sony DSR30 DVCAM, and I am in the market for two second user studio cameras (must have either component or svideo outs)

I am looking for something better than say Sony DXC 3000 which has only about 500 lines res - 800 is preferred

I have been looking at Pan WV-F250 with the WV250 studio back, but thats only a 1/2" 3CCD and maybe 2/3" would be nice

I have about 800 sterling which should be enough for two used cameras judging by what they fetch on say ebay or Mandy

if you know some good cameras that I should 'turn my radar on for' please help me out and list them in this thread

much obliged

%^)

Beware ***PLUGGER-BYTES***
John Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2003, 06:45 PM   #2
Inner Circle

There's a lot of fudge factor in how you measure lines of resolution and there's also some plain misleading information.

All mini-DV cameras recording on mini-DV are limited to at most 540 lines of resolution. JVC however advertises 800 lines for one of its mini-DV cameras. Panasonic also advertises that its GS70 (consumer cam) gives 500+ lines- *in VCR mode*. If you judge cameras by specs alone, then you really have to watch out.
Glenn Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2003, 04:21 PM   #3
Major Player

thx Glenn

I am not necessarily looking at any particular format - just a big 3CCD camera head with a studio back.

Beware ***PLUGGER-BYTES***
John Jay is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

Professional Video
(800) 833-4801
Portland, OR

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY

Z.G.C.
(973) 335-4460
Mountain Lakes, NJ

Abel Cine Tech
(888) 700-4416
N.Y. NY & L.A. CA

Precision Camera
(800) 677-1023
Austin, TX

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion