Need help from those who purchase from PriceJapan.com at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old December 1st, 2003, 05:52 PM   #1
New Boot

Need help from those who purchase from PriceJapan.com

I went to place my first order today at PriceJapan.com for the Panasonic GS100K and I got to what I think was the end of it where I click to pay with my credit card through PayPal. Well, when I clicked to finish the transaction it said that I needed to turn my cookies on and refresh the page. When I refreshed the page it brought me right back to the main page.

Now, did my transaction go through? I e-mailed them and haven't gotten a response back yet, but I went to check PayPal and I don't have any recent transactions logged with them so I'm wondering if my transaction never went through. Should I place the order again? Or should I wait to see what PriceJapan says in an e-mail? I'm thinking it didn't go through because it would have shown up on PayPal, but you never can be too sure. Thanks for any help I get.
Craig Hudak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2003, 06:02 PM   #2
Outer Circle

Wait and see. If the order didn't take, consider buying through Allan. His contact info can be found here:

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthrea...threadid=17208
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2003, 07:49 PM   #3
New Boot

Benn there, done that

I've already contacted him to no response... That's why I went with PriceJapan.com... Do you think I can get a better deal from Allan? PriceJapan is asking for a total of $1199.00. Anyway, once again any help is appreciated.
Old December 1st, 2003, 07:58 PM   #4
Outer Circle

I don't know about prices. At least Allan will make things easy, like taking it back for warranty service work when needed.
Old December 2nd, 2003, 12:41 AM   #5
Major Player

Don't order again from pricejapan. Wait for their response. In the past, they've been pretty good about responding (in simple Engllish, as they request of you) to e-mail inquiries. On the warranty issue, they give you specific instructions about what you need to do so they can act as the intermediary. The one person I know of, however, who has sent something back because of a possible defect participates in this forum and has not reported back yet on how that transaction went.
Patricia Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2003, 02:08 AM   #6
New Boot

UPDATE!

PriceJapan contacted me back and apologized for not e-mailing sooner, which makes me happy that they're so courteous. They instructed me to send the money via PayPal and right after that they confirmed my order! Needless to say, I'm impressed.
Old December 2nd, 2003, 02:56 AM   #7
Outer Circle

Did you go for the pro-looking black mamba? Let us know when you get the cam and what you think about it.
Old December 2nd, 2003, 08:03 AM   #8
New Boot

Oh yeah...

Oh yeah, there was no choice about it, I just had to get the black one.
Craig Hudak is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion