Lowepro Pro Trekker AW11 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old February 6th, 2004, 07:43 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Lowepro Pro Trekker AW11

Anyone use this backback for their XL1/s and other equipment?

Is it any good?

Any other backback suggestions for the XL1/s preferably that would be allowed as a carry on with any major airline?
Gareth Trezise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2004, 12:28 PM   #2
Major Player

I have the Lowepro Nature Trekker AW and its a great pack though i have a VX2k not XL1s but it will fit my entire kit plus some with the added daypack. Very well built as all Lowe Alpine/Pro gear is. Excellent padded support system transfers the weight more to your hips instead of pulling on the shoulders. I believe there are some members here that use LowePro packs for the XL1s Im sure they will chime in.
Matt Stahley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2004, 07:45 PM   #3
New Boot

When I go on a trip, I always use a backpack as my carry on. I put things like books, magazines, lightweight jacket ect. Would either backpack be suitable for a camera and other gear?
Jason Brooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2004, 11:07 PM   #4
Major Player

Yes Jason My Nature Trekker came with an additional daypack that lashes on the the front of the bag. Its a single pocket but is large enough to stash a good amount of gear.Perfect for a jacket and mags etc.This can also double as a stand alone pack with its built in shoulder straps.
Matt Stahley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2004, 05:43 AM   #5
Regular Crew

So would Nature Trekker fit the Canon XL1/s and various EF lenses, MA200, spare camera like the XM2 and all the usual other essential bits for a decent kit?

Anyone?
Gareth Trezise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2004, 09:37 AM   #6
Major Player

Gareth,

I use the Lowepro Mini Trekker to carry around my trv950 and I love it! Fits my trv950, a canon eos500 still camera, my sony wide angle lens, numorous filters, Azden sgm-x mic, sima light, tripod, notebooks, magazines, etc.

Now apparently an XL1 isn't going to fit in a mini trekker, but the lowepro bags are excellent nonetheless. Check out this link, it seems to be their larges available back pack....

http://www.lowepro.com/pages/series/trekking/supertr.htm
Dustin Waits is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion