Interesting toy - SVCD deck, pretty cheap at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old February 12th, 2004, 08:45 PM   #1
New Boot

Interesting toy - SVCD deck, pretty cheap

Since I've gotten some good advice since joining this site YESTERDAY, I'll post something in case anyone is interested in it.

I just tried a new toy that I picked up recently... an SVCD deck. And just burnt a nicely serviceable SVCD of a 30-minute production my group did in the past. I have no idea WHY I'll need realtime SVCD-burning ability, but the deck was cheap, well-made, and does a nice job. Not good enough for archiving, but it's nice to get a full production onto a 5-cent blank.

If anyone is into SVCD trivia, the decks are being closed out now by a couple of large 'net electronics outlets... you can probably find them by using one of the price-comparison services for "LiteOn LVR-1001". They're going for $118 with free shipping at 2 or 3 places, and also play DVD's and most other digital formats, and are high-speed CD dupers as well (two trays).

best

DW
Don White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2004, 06:57 PM   #2
Wrangler

Ok, here is a shocker!

It actually copied a Windows 2003 Server CD. I had the LVR-1001 shipped to work and I didn't have any CDs to copy other than my Microsoft licensing agreement CDs.

5 minutes later I had a perfect copy!

I'm so amazed that the price is only $110 and it includes PCMCIA adapters for your digital camera media.

Not to mention S-Video input to record your MiniDV/Digital8 tapes to VCD or SVCD!!!

Its even a progressive scan DVD player with built-in Dolby Digital Decoder!!! (or coaxial/optical digital out).
Tommy Haupfear is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion