Shooting a Music Video this weekend :) at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old February 27th, 2004, 04:02 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Shooting a Music Video this weekend :)

I'm shooting a music video this weekend, and I'l be sharing information about how the video was shot, what lightiing equipment was used, and general information which might be of interest to all:)

I'll be using a Sony VX2100 cam, a lighting kit, as well as a home made lift device which I'm really excited to try out.

Also, after all is said and done, I'll post a link to where you can download the video and let me know what you think or post questions about it.

I'm tryingt to shoot the video as professional as my budget will allow.

Wish me luck!
Old February 27th, 2004, 04:43 PM   #2
Wrangler

Good luck! Sounds like you're headed for a fun adventure.
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 29th, 2004, 04:22 AM   #3
New Boot

Good luck Arthur! I hope you'll do a great job there.
Ozan Karakoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 29th, 2004, 07:31 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Well, after two days, the shoot is done.

The first thing I've learned, is that even with a storyboard and a shot sheet, getting the actors and actresses to perform the way you envisioned takes 3 times as long as you thought it would.

Another thing I've learned is that getting the lighting just right for each scene is the second most time consuming thing to do.

So, overall I think on my next shoot I will plan to alot much more time to shoot, so I have time to add more creative last minute shot attempts.

I will set up a website and post some digital pictures I've taken of us and the shoot location and equipment soon :).
Old March 1st, 2004, 02:54 PM   #5
Regular Crew

OK. I'm downloading the footage into this computer as we speak, and started building a website to post the pics. later today I'll have a link for you all.

Just wanted to mention that I absolutely despise shadows. A great way to find out your great shot is not useable, is to see the shadows from your equipment in the video! Arg.

Even before I start editing I can tell I'll have to delete some cuts because of bad shadows.

The good thing is that although I had some bad shots, I had some really good ones too. Hopefully i'll have everything I need once I start editing.

Anyhow, check back for a link to the pics later today :)
Old March 1st, 2004, 06:36 PM   #6
Regular Crew

As promised, here is a webpage with Seven photo's of the video shoot:

http://geocities.com/ambassadorprodu...ic_Video1.html

*Edit - I resized the pictures so that more people should be able to see them, and uses less bandwidth. This website might be flaky until tomorrow night.
If it is still not working by then I'll try something different

I'll be editing the footage this week and will add a new page with the downloadable video when it is complete.

Feel free to ask any questions, I'll try to answer as best I can.
Old March 10th, 2004, 03:47 PM   #7
Regular Crew

Finished Project!

WEll, I've finished editing the Music Video, and I'd like to get it reviewed/critiqued.
My only challenge is that the Window Media 8 File is 31.2 MB in size.
Anyone have an idea of a place that will host this file so I can get some feedback?
Old March 10th, 2004, 08:29 PM   #8
Inner Circle

Usually your ISP will give you webspace, but 30MB is too big. Get Windows Media Encoder with the WMV9 codec and you should be able to get it under 10MB with semi-decent quality. Bump the resolution down if need be, and compress the audio more.
Glenn Chan is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion