The Bar at

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old June 2nd, 2009, 10:12 PM   #1
Regular Crew
Join Date: May 2008
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 28
The Bar

I have seen DV filmmakers in crowds running around with a black bar that is attached to the base of the camera. They hold the bar and use it to prop up their cameras above crowds. Is there a name for this bar? Or is it just part of a tripod?
Tim Bisley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2009, 06:28 PM   #2
Major Player
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Terre Haute, IN
Posts: 277
Might it be a monopod? (ex: Gitzo | G1564 Studex Monopod | G1564 | B&H Photo Video)
Bryan Cantwell is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

Professional Video
(800) 833-4801
Portland, OR

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY

(973) 335-4460
Mountain Lakes, NJ

Abel Cine Tech
(888) 700-4416
N.Y. NY & L.A. CA

Precision Camera
(800) 677-1023
Austin, TX

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:53 AM.

DV Info Net -- Real Names, Real People, Real Info!
1998-2017 The Digital Video Information Network