HDC-TM300 or XRV-500 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old July 13th, 2009, 05:25 PM   #1
Major Player

HDC-TM300 or XRV-500

Hey all,

I just noticed this Panasonic HDC-TM300 that shows 3 cmos sensors for about $1300 retail. I realize that it's not a pro camera, but with very little money, I want to get something that I can use on "free" and "cheap" wedding video shoots to get me started. I am thinking I'll need a couple extra batteries, memory cards, a tripod (got a cheap one for now that should be ok), and so on. I'd probably look to invest in a hand held stabilzation tool, not sure which would be best tho at this point given that the one that looks good..the Merlin, is $800.

Anyway, the XR500 has excellent reviews, especially towards the low light and stabilization of it built in. I am wondering if the 3cmos chips on this panasonic may provide better low light and overall color of the image than the Sony.

Thoughts?
Kevin Duffey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2009, 05:30 PM   #2
Major Player

Also looks like the TM-300 has a manual focus ring. Not sure if that will allow for DoF shots or not.. I've not been able to get that to work on my cheap DV camera.. even when put in manual mode.
Kevin Duffey is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion