closed circuit TV? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old April 9th, 2004, 12:42 PM   #1
Tourist

closed circuit TV?

Hi all, I have a quick question..

my studio keeps growing to take on more complex clients and I just converted my oiltank room in the cellar to a GREAT iso booth! It measures spooky quiet in there( all cement and some diffusion treatments...) SO the point? I want to run closed circuit TV in and out so I can see the client and they can see me. I have a few bum VCR's I can rig up I think... but clue me in if I'm on the wrong track?!!

thanks ahead of time!
Jeff
Old April 10th, 2004, 08:50 AM   #2
Regular Crew

check out fry's at : www.outpost.com . they always have mini cctv cams for a bout 40 bucks. some times they have night-vision cams with built in ir leds for that price. plus on board audio. wire is about 10 bucks < i think> and comes in 60 or 120 ft lengths. get that and 2 of the cheapest little tvs you can. no vcr needed. whole thing under $200. and its an intercom too.just turn the volume on and off on the tvs. theyre surprisingly nice quality. i just wish they had the night vision cams on sale when i built the cctv system for my arcade.
Old April 10th, 2004, 11:23 AM   #3
New Boot

Keep in mind that TVs (and LCDs, to an extent) emit noise, RF and magnetic radiation. Why does the client have to see you?
Ryan Henry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2004, 07:11 AM   #4
Tourist

closed circuit tv

so they can see me tell them they stink? not funny.
actually it would help for the musician to be able to see hand signals; but I suppose you're right, I could route my voice to the headphones very simple... I'm just used to the big glass and I guess I feel iso-shock if that's a word... even the least expensive pre-fab iso booths have glass so engineer and talent can make eye contact...
jeff
OH PS!! thanks so much for that pointer to cheap cctv's I have a couple dog tvs about awesome that it's under 200.00 too!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion