Blue Screen, Green Screen. - Page 6 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old September 7th, 2004, 01:29 PM   #76
Regular Crew

I'll have to do that. I'm not sure the Manager will have a clue, but maybe he/she will at least let me try to figure out what they are doing. At first glance it looked like a self-contained unit so I may not be able to see the guts.
Old September 7th, 2004, 06:38 PM   #77
Regular Crew

if he doesn't know, and even if you get an answer, check the lens on the front of the camera for any special attachment it may have
Alturo Nguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2004, 04:56 PM   #78
Regular Crew

Alturo, would you happen to be talking about that circular array that mounts around the lens that produces virtual backgrounds?
James Emory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2005, 07:45 PM   #79
Regular Crew

After effects-chroma keyers

My Dv footage is in 4:1:1 so when I green screen I get blocky edges, I found a solution on this page. (the Photoshop/Premiere method)
http://www.neopics.com/bluescreen/
However when I save the .flm file from photoshop it saves it huge (1.3 gigs for a 30-40 sec) Plus its so slow. Is there any plugins for After Effects 6.5 or Premiere that would fix this? Thanks
Nathan Petersen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2005, 07:37 AM   #80
Regular Crew

I'm a big fan of DVMatte Pro. It does something similar I believe, in AE without having to export gigantic filmstrips.

http://www.dvgarage.com/prod/prod.php?prod=dvmatteae
Jacob Ehrichs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2005, 05:54 PM   #81
New Boot

Apple Switch Spoof and Testing Green Screen

Check out the Apple Spoof I made using the DVX100 and a green screen. AE was used for the keying, and FCP for the cut.
http://www.bokserfilms.com/article.p...05083104430614
www.bokserfilms.com
Vitaly Bokser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2005, 06:45 PM   #82
Major Player

Wow, that was done with a greenscreen? Heck, at that point I'd have just gone with a piece of foamcore. Kudos on the technical ability, and quite funny spoof. I've been a mac person all my life, with a G4 now, so it really was quite funny.
Tom Wills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2005, 07:31 PM   #83
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Wills
Wow, that was done with a greenscreen? Heck, at that point I'd have just gone with a piece of foamcore. Kudos on the technical ability, and quite funny spoof. I've been a mac person all my life, with a G4 now, so it really was quite funny.
Yeah the easy way to do this is with a white sic or bg but I figured let me play with some green screen and lighting... only 2 lights were used to light the gs and me. Thanks for enjoying the spoof as well I basically imporved to get this done.
www.bokserfilms.com
Vitaly Bokser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2005, 07:59 PM   #84
Trustee

Nicely done. Very funny. Great keying also by the way.
-Jon
Old November 30th, 2005, 06:06 AM   #85
Regular Crew

Perfect Chroma Key

Our situation is this:
We have shot four 30minute+ videos of one caucasian facing the camera teaching a course. The video consists of various shot sizes of course. Format is MiniDV of course and it's shot in a studio with proper chroma green and lights setup. Now the footage is not poor and most of our keying are great, however, there are keying problems with his smaller body parts such as his fingers (especially between them) and earlobes. Our client expect a perfect key at our final stage of post.

Do you guys think- sending my footage to a effects house wil solve my problem? They do have the high end stuff like the discreet and all.
John Chia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2005, 11:32 AM   #86
Hawaiian Shirt Mogul

if your client expected perfect keying then you would NEVER use a mini Dv camera but it's too late shooting with a different camera ..

what keyer are you now using ??

find somebody with after effects (or download demo to see if it works) and then download Primatte keyer 3 .. with Primatte you can work on the finger separate and then work on earlopes separate you may not be able to render out of the demo ??? but you'll be able to see if it works ...
Don Donatello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2005, 11:36 AM   #87
Regular Crew

Can you post a small clip of the problem area? Maybe some of us can play around with it and let you know. Just an idea that I would be willing to do.

http://www.southernwindsfilmfestival.com

http://www.phigmentphilms.com
James Bridges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2005, 11:42 AM   #88
Regular Crew

What program are you using? I have found AE is the best solution compared to others. Screenshots would help.
Luke Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2005, 12:37 AM   #89
Regular Crew

Broadcast Quality Keying in Real Time

I am on the march to finishing my "green room" and now need a key component. I need a broadcast quality keyer that can key in Real Time. I (as always) have researched and checked various possibilities but now I would like your opinions / suggestions. I am not looking for a "cheap" or "work around" solution, it has to get the job done, but... of course the less expensive the better. The keyer will be keying out video hooked up to a camera shooting a properly lit "green room". I plan on using a Sony VX1000 camera or PD170 (or somthing of good 3ccd quality). Stand alone keyers range from a ground to the price of my house... I need a keyer that only needs to hook up to fireware, can chroma key out the green, and real time mix it (or just key it out for compositing in the PC) basic functions but good quality. Other than a stand alone, I also came across the Decklink Extreme (http://www.decklink.com/) and is says it can Chroma in Real Time... does anybody have one? is it broadcast quality/servicable? or, would a "real" broadcast standalone switcher/keyer be better? please help me out, thanks.
Carl Downs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2005, 01:24 PM   #90
Machinist Mate

Carl, if you want to try a software solution, Serious Magic has a product called Ultra, which they claim to be faster than real time.

http://www.seriousmagic.com/products/ultra/

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion