What is a "jerk rig"? at DVinfo.net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old June 19th, 2004, 03:56 PM   #1
Major Player
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Andalucia, Spain
Posts: 301
What is a "jerk rig"?

I think it has to simulate the effect of someone being hit by a bullet, but how does it work?

Film & TV locations & production Spain
Dan Uneken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2004, 05:07 PM   #2
Capt. Quirk
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Middle of the woods in Georgia
Posts: 3,596
If it is what I think, it is just a harness that an actor would wear. At the moment of "impact" the rig is jerked, giving a ragdoll effect to the actor. It simulates a more realistic impact than the actor can deliver. Anytime you watch a movie, and someone gets kicked through a wall, etc., they are likely wearing the rig.
K. Forman is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

(800) 223-2500
New York, NY

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY

Texas Media Systems
(512) 440-1400
Austin, TX

Precision Camera
(800) 677-1023
Austin, TX

(800) 323-2325
Mineola, NY

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:56 AM.

DV Info Net -- Real Names, Real People, Real Info!
1998-2018 The Digital Video Information Network