Magic Bullet Looks 1.1 still legit to buy? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old August 21st, 2009, 08:42 AM   #1
New Boot

Magic Bullet Looks 1.1 still legit to buy?

Hello All,

While looking to purchase Magic Bullet Looks, I came across a download site or two that offered MB v1.1 (the old version) for a signficantly less cost than $400. Now, these sites appear to be a little shady to me and the equivalent of the dollar store for software. For example...

Note: questionable link removed by mod

That said, I have seen copies on ebay and other places that people sell out right, license and all (so they claim), again v1.1.

Does anyone use v1.1 and believe it is worth it or does anyone have any experience to give wisdom on this?

I have a free version from Sony that is light weight but sold me on the product. I am sorry I do not have the link to that at this time. I will find it if you want it. Thanks to Euginia's blog for that.

I don't download illegal software and I really don't believe in ripping off Redgiantsoftware, its just not how I do business. However, if deals are legit, is this not a way to go?

Any thoughts are welcome, Thank you,

Jer
Jeremy Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2009, 11:04 AM   #2
Equal Opportunity Offender

I don't know for sure on this case, but the equivalent with Adobe software turned out to be pirated wares. They were selling the prior (aka non-current) version of the software.

I'd leave it alone and hunt around for other more reputable vendors who are selling the current version.

Andrew
Andrew Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2009, 02:54 PM   #3
New Boot

I appreciate that. Thank you from down under.

Hello Andrew,

Thank you for the response and I was wondering if that what was going on with that kind of stuff.

I hope to visit down under some day, cheers,

Jer
Old August 22nd, 2009, 09:36 PM   #4
Inner Circle

But on the other hand, people often do sell old versions that are perfectly legit. I got my copy of After Effects that way for $150 and it came with a valid serial number and upgraded just fine.

I've also sold some of my older versions through Amazon althought not dirt cheap, still a big savings over the full price. Amazon sells quite a few older versions second hand.
Jim Andrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2009, 10:15 PM   #5
New Boot

That appears to be a more possible route...

Thank you Jim. I have been looking around at the auction sites and seen some great deals to that effect. I'm glad to know it can be done that way.

Jer
Old August 22nd, 2009, 11:31 PM   #6
Inner Circle

I think the best defense against scams is to see if the price is really too good to be true - Have to admit I worried about it when I sent the money.

Or maybe if it's cheap enough you can afford to get scammed a couple of times before you find a legit offer.

Maybe Amazon is safer than the auction site though!
Jim Andrada is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion