DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Open DV Discussion (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/open-dv-discussion/)
-   -   Anyone using a JVC GY-DV5000U? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/open-dv-discussion/31686-anyone-using-jvc-gy-dv5000u.html)

Michael Best September 10th, 2004 08:16 AM

Anyone using a JVC GY-DV5000U?

If so, your thoughts on it. Thanks

Bankim Jain September 11th, 2004 01:25 PM

Yeah, I own JVC GYDV 5000E , Panny DV200 & Sony PD 150P all PAL models.

I must rate them

1. DV200
2. PD 150
3. DV5000E

Why so, Panasonic gives colours true defination with sharpness paralleled to any 2/3 Inchers CCDs. I used JVC and found that it gives noice like snow on the darker regions, colours somewhat look like flat, sharpness is also lost somewhere. The image when plyed against PD150 images the result states PD150 images to be better than the JVC recorded images.

The VF115E is like of no use one has to see such bright setting on VF to get a look onto the correct exposure the peaking feature left out intentionally by JVC to fool buyer and loot cheat them by selling soething they call VF116 that comes with a peaking.

In all JVC is a company which tried to make a Pro looking camera with features stolen from Sony cameras but the resultant images looking nothing better than a Hand held handycams. Its shame that JVC claims it one gr8 camera. They dont accept that the images of JVC5000E are damn sick, in terms of color & sharpness when comparered to their BIG BRothers like SONY & PANASONIC.

I wish if JV is forced to shut down its shop to make so called PRO DV Camera they are pretty good to make VHS cameras/recorder.

Thought Matsushita as i know is the owner of Panasonic & JVC but these two barnds differ so much in their quality output.

I am not very happy uswer of JVC 5000E and 2would always demoralise any one who even dreams of buying any thing called JVC (Just aVoidble Company = JVC)

Bankim Jain September 13th, 2004 10:04 AM

oops no ones replying to your pt. seems like I am the only fool around the world using this machine.... HORRORRRRRRRRRRRR !

Michael Best September 13th, 2004 10:24 AM

LOL!

Bankim Jain September 13th, 2004 10:58 AM

Well Jokes apart. Micheal do you plan to buy this or you have one ... I mean to have your views on ths mchine as well...I wish if someone comes & prooves me wrong and ultimately proove me a wise man to spend almost 7000US$ on this JVC 5000E + 20X Fuji + VF115E ... All is that I can wish to change or improve some setting to get my JVC run parllel to My nny DV200 !

Michael Best September 13th, 2004 11:21 AM

I wish i could help but I considering one for purchase until I met you!

Bankim Jain September 18th, 2004 06:56 AM

Any updates Michael !

Michael Best September 18th, 2004 07:11 AM

Leaning XL2 at this point, waiting for more reviews. And those
HD threads....they're killing me. Jury still out.

George Lilly September 22nd, 2004 01:53 PM

I bought a dv5000 and I love it! If you are finding snow in darker regions, there are switches that can adjust that. There is a pretty big learning curve when it comes to this camera, but I feel that once you have it down, the possibilities are endless. I have worked with many different Sony Cameras, and Panasonic cameras and I prefer the Dv5000 over all of 'em. But that's just my opinion.

Bankim Jain September 23rd, 2004 12:15 AM

Thanks George, But may i request you to kindly help me with those settings for what you find the GY5000E so nice...i wish if i could feel the same way with the setting you will (possibly) give me !

;)