DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Open DV Discussion (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/open-dv-discussion/)
-   -   Premiere Pro 1.5 can't capture DV footage (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/open-dv-discussion/32451-premiere-pro-1-5-cant-capture-dv-footage.html)

FG Phua September 24th, 2004 04:18 AM

Premiere Pro 1.5 can't capture DV footage

I just had Adobe Premiere Pro 1.5 installed in my system...
I have a Canopus ADVC1394 capture card installed on a P4 3.0GHz computer and a Panasonic NV-GS200 MiniDV camcorder...

In Premiere, I clicked Capture and couldn't get the play options to work...
Whether Device Control is enabled or not, I still couldn't get the images and sound displayed on my desktop...

What could be the problem?
My capture card or video camera is not supported by Premiere Pro 1.5?

Rob Lohman September 24th, 2004 08:33 AM

I don't understand the "I still couldn't get the images and sound displayed on my desktop"

Is the ADVC1394 in the correct input mode?

FG Phua September 24th, 2004 08:45 AM

<<<-- Originally posted by Rob Lohman : I don't understand the "I still couldn't get the images and sound displayed on my desktop"

Is the ADVC1394 in the correct input mode? -->>>

Sorry for not making myself clear...

What I meant was the preview...
I couldn't get the preview video and audio to work even though I've enabled them...
Either way, whether there's preview or not, I wasn't able to control the play/rewind/forward options to control my camera...

Cliff Hepburn September 24th, 2004 08:50 AM

Your going to have to give us more details. Are you using the 1394 connection on your camera or are you using the analog outputs on the camera and converting to digital using the ADVC1394?
-Cjh

FG Phua September 24th, 2004 09:04 AM

<<<-- Originally posted by Cliff Hepburn : Your going to have to give us more details. Are you using the 1394 connection on your camera or are you using the analog outputs on the camera and converting to digital using the ADVC1394?
-Cjh -->>>

I'm using a firewire connection between my miniDV video camera and computer...

After plugging my camera into my camera and turning it on, my computer's able to recognise it...
But Premiere failed to see my camera's existance...

Cliff Hepburn September 24th, 2004 09:45 AM

I ran into this problem once before and I fixed by making the camera connection with the computer before starting Premiere.
It's probably a bigger problem than that, but that's all I can think of right now.

FG Phua September 24th, 2004 10:04 AM

<<<-- Originally posted by Cliff Hepburn : I ran into this problem once before and I fixed by making the camera connection with the computer before starting Premiere.
It's probably a bigger problem than that, but that's all I can think of right now. -->>>

I did connect the camera to my computer first and turned it on before I started Premiere...
But somehow it still doesn't work...
Sigh...

Ed Smith September 25th, 2004 05:16 AM

Does it work in Windows Movie Maker?

Have you set your device control in Premiere?

Does Windows detect that the camera is conneced (It should apear as a device in my computer and also in device manager under imaging devices?

Thanks,

Ed