Video Production Classes in PA/NJ/NY at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old November 16th, 2004, 10:37 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Video Production Classes in PA/NJ/NY

Hey all,

I've got a small state grant to burn on training, so I'm looking for a class/workshop to further sharpen my videography skills - composition, lighting, using all the nifty features of my Xl1s's, etc. I'm looking more for a 1-3 day workshop, maybe something like the DV Creators Revolution workshop, not a full time school.

I've already done some searching on classes here, but everything i've seen has been about west coast sites. I'm based in the Lehigh Valley PA, bout an hour from Phila and NYC. I'm not sure where to go and if there is anything like this in my area. If any one has any info i'd greatly appreciate it.

THANKS!
~Mike
Mike Rinkunas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2004, 12:48 PM   #2
Major Player

Mike, try DvDojo. They have different kinds of classes, and can give you a reference to other reputable places. They are located on the lower east side in manhattan. You can give them a call, and I think their web is dvdojo.com, but you can always google them. Also you can try the New York Film Academy. They offer many short and long term classes in film making (both film and dv).

Good luck.
Dwight Flynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2004, 02:10 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Check out DCTV (Downtown Community Television). They're community documentary-oriented but open to small filmmakers of all stripes. They offer a number of three-hour classes at the very basic to intermediate level. Check out their website at http://www.dctvny.org/.

RE: New York Film Academy, I've had very mixed experiences with them (as an actor). I would be interested to hear from anyone who has had a positive experience.

Michael

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion