DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Open DV Discussion (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/open-dv-discussion/)
-   -   Has anybody burned a CD with an auto run feature? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/open-dv-discussion/35840-has-anybody-burned-cd-auto-run-feature.html)

Milt Lee December 2nd, 2004 11:30 PM

Has anybody burned a CD with an auto run feature?

I need to send some video - encoded in WMV 9 to some folks and I would like to have them pop up when they insert the disk in theri computers - has anybody ever done this - and how do you do it?

Where do you find the autorum feauture? Thanks a bunch,
Milt Lee

Hart Boyd December 3rd, 2004 05:32 AM

You need to create two files in addition to your video file all in the root of the cd:

1st file: autorun.inf - with the following lines in it:

[autorun]
ShellExecute=vcd.asx

2nd file: vcd.asx - with the following lines in it

<ASX Version = "3.0">
<Title>put your title here</Title>
<Entry>
<Ref href = "myvideo.wmv"/>
</Entry>
</ASX>

You need to replace the "put your title here" with your own name and "myvideo.wmv" with your actual name of the video.

Hope this helps.

Greg Patch December 3rd, 2004 03:40 PM

I bought a program called Autorun from Typhoon Software, It makes an inf. file....It works really well....

Sean McHenry December 6th, 2004 10:37 AM

Hart, it's easier than all that. You can have the autorun file execute the wmv file directly by opening windows media player followed by the file name. I forget the sytax but something like:

open=mediaplay32 myfile.wmv

Sean McHenry

Hart Boyd December 6th, 2004 11:28 AM

Sean,

You might be right but I like using a ASX file as I can control much more that just starting a video. You can control the start offset, play length, create a play list for more that just one video and add advertisements if you what to as just some examples.

Sean McHenry December 7th, 2004 03:35 PM

Ah, true. I still use MPG-1 files in my self running powerpoint sessions for CDROM. MPG-1 plays quite well and has the ability to be played on any OS, including Linux.

See ya.

Sean

Mike Rehmus December 9th, 2004 10:36 PM

Autorun is really great for $40!

Robert Mann Z. December 9th, 2004 11:30 PM

i second auto run..great little app...i also applaud anyone for using mpeg 1 files...there is nothing worse then sending out video to the mases only playable on windows...

Sean McHenry December 10th, 2004 07:36 AM

If you really want to do some great multimedia stuff with CDROM and don't have the time or energy to learn all that you need for Director, take a good look at AutoPlay Menu Studio. It's by Indigo Rose. It's amazing. A bit pricey but you can't do what it does without going to director or Toolkit.

Multiple pages, clickable links, media player friendly, mouseover actions, sound, and lots more. I have used it to author CDROMs for weddings. I use MPG1 there too when I can.

Sean