War Reenactments at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old December 10th, 2004, 12:21 AM   #1
Regular Crew

War Reenactments

Anyone out there ever shoot one of these things. I've heard of groups that stage these reenactment all over the south and I was just curious if these guys ever hire someone to produce a video of what they do? Sounds like it would be a pretty fun shoot. Any thoughts???
Brian Bechard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2004, 12:47 AM   #2
Air China Pilot

Don't get in the way. Those guys may be overweight but those guns still shoot and the swords can take your head off.
Old December 10th, 2004, 09:32 AM   #3
Inner Circle

Yeah, I have some experience on both sides of the camera on this.

I was in "The Battle of Champions Hill", way back in the 80's. It's the battle the preceeds the fall of Vicksburgh. Word went out the CBS would be shooting scenes of it to use in "The Blue and the Grey". Sure enough, they had a film crew there. The Army Corps of Engineers was also there, to plant explosive charges on the battle field. These were placed in washtubs, covered in sawdust and manure, marked with a big white X (Don't stand on this). Camera crews and pyro crews were dressed in modern cammo so they couldn't be scene in the bushes and shrubs where they were hiding.

Good fun. And the footage looked great.

Also done some shooting myself for a number of battles sequences. You need to know "whats happening" ahead of time in order to catch the good stuff, and avoid being in the line of fire.
Richard Alvarez is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion