DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Open DV Discussion (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/open-dv-discussion/)
-   -   Recording or Capturing Video Games (PS2) (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/open-dv-discussion/36573-recording-capturing-video-games-ps2.html)

Ray Echevers December 18th, 2004 10:47 AM

Recording or Capturing Video Games (PS2)

What's the best way to record or capture video game footage off a PS2?

Cody Dulock December 18th, 2004 11:03 AM

vcr

Ray Echevers December 18th, 2004 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Cody Dulock : vcr
Any better way?
Like "lossless"?

Cody Dulock December 18th, 2004 08:49 PM

plug your video game into your capture card?

Brandon Greenlee December 19th, 2004 09:01 PM

Usually I plug my MiniDV camcorder into the back of the ps2 and record it straight to tape. Looks perfect.

Ray Echevers December 19th, 2004 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Brandon Greenlee : Usually I plug my MiniDV camcorder into the back of the ps2 and record it straight to tape. Looks perfect.
What cables do you use? The AV cables? Do you do that and just the coax cable to the tv so you can see it?

Aaron Rosen December 19th, 2004 09:52 PM

Not to rain on anyone's parade, but doesnt that violate a copyright law or two? Some of the games

Brandon Greenlee December 19th, 2004 09:55 PM

<<<-- Originally posted by Ray Echevers : What cables do you use? The AV cables? Do you do that and just the coax cable to the tv so you can see it? -->>>

Yes I usually use the av cables. You can either plug them straight in to the back of your console or plug them into the 'outs' on the back of your tv (or vcr depending on your setup) that way you can see what your doing on the tv and record onto you camera at the same time.

Ray Echevers December 20th, 2004 05:38 PM

<<<-- Originally posted by Brandon Greenlee : <<<-- Originally posted by Ray Echevers : What cables do you use? The AV cables? Do you do that and just the coax cable to the tv so you can see it? -->>>

Yes I usually use the av cables. You can either plug them straight in to the back of your console or plug them into the 'outs' on the back of your tv (or vcr depending on your setup) that way you can see what your doing on the tv and record onto you camera at the same time. -->>>

I tried doing via the tv and also just using the av cables straight to the camera and it still doesn't work. I can't see the image, and it does not come out.

Brandon Greenlee December 20th, 2004 06:33 PM

What kind of camera do you have?

Also are you in Play/Edit/VCR mode?

Your camera has to be able to support a line in. Some cheaper cameras do not.

Ray Echevers December 20th, 2004 06:58 PM

<<<-- Originally posted by Brandon Greenlee : What kind of camera do you have?

Also are you in Play/Edit/VCR mode?

Your camera has to be able to support a line in. Some cheaper cameras do not. -->>>I am in Play/Edit mode. I have a both a Sony VX100 and a Sony HC20, i tried with both.
On the HC20, you cannot put the ps2 av cables in it. It has a cable that turns into a av cable.

Cody Dulock December 20th, 2004 07:05 PM

loop it through the vcr to your camera

Ray Echevers December 20th, 2004 07:43 PM

<<<-- Originally posted by Cody Dulock : loop it through the vcr to your camera -->>>
Couldn't get it work either.
Anyone actually done it?

Brandon Greenlee December 20th, 2004 07:52 PM

I'm thinking maybe you have to select something on the vx1000 to tell it to accept line in or something?

I've tried it on both my TRV840 (D8) and DCR-HC85 (MiniDV) and it works great.

Ray Echevers December 20th, 2004 08:03 PM

<<<-- Originally posted by Brandon Greenlee : I'm thinking maybe you have to select something on the vx1000 to tell it to accept line in or something?

I've tried it on both my TRV840 (D8) and DCR-HC85 (MiniDV) and it works great. -->>>Which cables do you put where?
Do you put the av cable off the ps2 straight to the minidv camera?