Youth filmmaking program at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old March 17th, 2005, 09:43 AM   #1
Inner Circle

Youth filmmaking program

We're in the process of developing a summer program for kids in an urban area to learn about filmmaking. If anyone out there has experience with similar programs (there seem to be a lot of them out there these days), I'd appreciate some advice, especially on developing the curriculum and mistakes to avoid.

By the way, if anyone has any gear they would like to donate to this cause, please e-mail me. The parent organization is a registered non-profit and I'm told any donations would be tax deductible.

Thanks in advance.
Marco Leavitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2005, 10:15 AM   #2
Wrangler

My friend's 13 year old son took one in San Francisco.

I remember the teacher saying that teaching the softer, creative skills took the most time and effort about 90% of the class.

He said that the technical side was very easy to teach, because the students would teach themselves and each other the intricacies of the equipment, very quickly, and without much supervision.

Thankfully he was a drama teacher so he had a lot to offer in that department.
Michael Wisniewski is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion