BMW Films presents a series of shorts at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old October 16th, 2002, 05:36 AM   #1
Warden

BMW Films presents a series of shorts

We seem to have an interest in BMW's and women. All in all, not bad things to be interested in. For over a year BMW films has been producing a series of shorts by major directors. If you like fast cars and fast action check out the shorts here

http://usa.bmwfilms.com/clap.asp?tem...&film=&start=Y

It's a confusing layout but if you go to Season 1 Films you can see what was done last year (Madonna was in the first one released). They can be streamed at different speeds and formats, with and without directors commentary. The ultimate experience is to download their enhance version. It requires QuickTime and is about 75mb compressed.

Jeff

DV Info Disclaimer: Don't try the stunts at home kids.
Jeff Donald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2002, 03:56 PM   #2
Regular Crew

BMW also made a DVD of the season 1 films. I forget what number I called but there's probably one floating about the web page somewhere. Full DVD renders of the movies, plus director comentary tracks available for each. Unfortunately, they screwed up a contract somewhere and weren't able to put "The Follow" on the disc (arguably the best one, depending on what style you liked).

They just asked me what make of car I drove now, and whether I was planning to buy a new car in the next year, or something like that. No noticable marketing, and the disc showed up the next week, no charge.
Brian M. Dickman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2002, 05:33 AM   #3
Regular Crew

bmwfilms.com

The series of films last season were loosely tied together, thus the DVD released was titled "The Hire". It was handed out free throughout many BMW promotional events. I got mine when it was attached to one issue of "The Roundel" club magazine (www.bmwcca.org)

The DVD's Special Features listing:
Dolby 5.1
Widescreen
Director's Commentaries
Film Trailers
Making of the Films
Film Story Boards

Last I checked, eBay had constant supplies of these discs posted.
CarterTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2002, 05:05 PM   #4
Warden

This years first film is available http://usa.bmwfilms.com/clap.asp?tem...&film=&start=Y directed by John Woo and starring Clive Owen

Jeff
Jeff Donald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2002, 07:09 PM   #5
Wrangler

I just saw a commercial for this on TV! Very, very cool. Makes me want to go buy a BMW now, or at least test drive the hell out of one. ;)
Dylan Couper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2002, 08:53 AM   #6
Regular Crew

Another flick just released called "Ticker". Some nice cameos, but more notably it's even more enjoyable watching the QuickTime version with the director's commentary turned on. Joe Carnahan talks about the special effects, print stock and other techniques involved. Good stuff.

http://www.bmwfilms.com/
CarterTG is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion