What is the pc nle equivalent to Mac Final Cut? - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old January 12th, 2010, 07:16 AM   #31
Major Player

back in DV days, the reason the Canopus editing forums had little to no activity, was everything just worked everytime. i am not sure how many people did or didnt own it, but it was rare that people spent days trying to get it to work :-)
you gotta admit that a lot of any forum is going over issues , issues people have trying to get something to work, often the same ones too.
so dont judge a product by its web :-) in the Automobile forums you wont find much info about how to fix a car that keeps working either. The working car made a booring forum on it.

i am just saying . . .
Old January 12th, 2010, 08:41 AM   #32
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noa Put View Post
If you need integration with other applications, nothing beats adobe, but it doesn't like big projects in HD, it's instability increases with the size of your project.
Sorry, but I have to jump in very quickly. I've read this a lot, twice in this thread alone. I've edited two features in Premiere. One back in version 6 in SD and one in HD using Cineform in CS3 as an intermediate. Adobe and FCP are capable of long format work just as Avid is. Do you have to use some project management strategies? Yes. Can Avid handle the project size better? Yes. But it's a disservice to our forum users to say that Adobe and FCP can't.

Have a fantastic day!
Chad Haufschild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2010, 10:44 AM   #33
Major Player

I agree with Chris Hurd - Having made the switch to Edius from Vegas has been a breath of fresh air. I had a 6 minute project that I had initially started editing in Vegas Pro 9 using Cineform Neo Scene AVI's - I was having all sorts of issues - especially since it was a fresh install on Win 7 Pro x64. The moment I spent the money on Edius Neo 2 (yup - the limited feature version), I was able to bring everything in, transcode to Canopus HQ, rebuild and edit the project without a single issue and render out a beautiful 720p final render for the web.

Needless to say, I was shocked and at the same time - pleasantly surprised. Edius is a serious tool that is rock solid as far as I'm concerned.

Vegas IMO, is not suitable for serious production work and makes one a lazy editor.

Just Sayin...

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion