Which cam will get you the "smoldering babes"? :) at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Closed Thread

Old November 1st, 2002, 12:18 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Which cam will get you the "smoldering babes"? :)

LHORIZON and I were chatting about the film look ect in the Filmlook vs Pro look post. When I said in one of my post:

"...The point isn't to make your own style (to some maybe it is) but to most people I talk to the point is fun and profit (not to mention hot chicks :) ). Many people doing this are looking to get a film deal or self distribute..."

He said:

"...Yes, indeed, fun/profit/ and of course smoldering babes. My point regarding this remark was not to sweat it and get on with it with whatever you have..."

Of course there was more to both of these but lets ask the obvious question. Which cams will get the smoldering babes?

I think the XL1s has the most potential but I think the VX2K and GL2 both have good possibilities as well. The DVX100 has a hot look too. Think about it. :)

-Vinson
Old November 1st, 2002, 12:25 AM   #2
Slash Rules!

Knowing this will probably be deleted, I say:

The XL1s - it has the longest lenses ( in addition to the regular lenses, just imagine the EOF adapter and some ridiculously long telephoto lens). On the other hand, the babes might assume you are compensating with your long lenses, and go after the guy with the GL2 or the Panasonic.
Old November 1st, 2002, 01:21 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Aha... so adding matte boxes, external monitors, viewfinders, additional lenses, XLR adapters, external mics, big pro-level tripods, steadycam etc...

So its all for the chicks (and lets not exclude the other gender) and the hot studs? Now that explains a lot :) I guess my PD100 just aint up to the "standards". Time to start buying some acessories :)

Ps. it's a silly discussion with a little flake of truth in it. Clients can react to the camera gear looking "small & hobbyish" Ds.
Old November 1st, 2002, 01:28 AM   #4
Retired DV Info Net Almunus

Which cam will get you the "smoldering babes"?

The one with your credit cards taped to the outside.
Old November 1st, 2002, 02:53 AM   #5
Trustee

Oops.
Old November 1st, 2002, 06:46 AM   #6
Trustee

I don't know....The more stuff I have strapped to my xl1s, the more I seem to attract the attention of 50 year old men. I think the smouldering babes are attracted to power.... so maybe a bigger battery.

Barry
Old November 1st, 2002, 07:37 AM   #7
Slash Rules!

Get a Betacam with Anton Bauer batteries then.
Old November 1st, 2002, 08:24 AM   #8
Major Player

A matte box makes any camera "Hollywood status". The only thing missing at that point is the micky mouse ears style Film Cartridges.
Old November 1st, 2002, 08:28 AM   #9
Major Player

best way to get the smoldering babes is explain that one of those tripod legs is not really part of the tripod.

kermie
Old November 1st, 2002, 08:46 AM   #10
Major Player

Indeed...

I think a combination of the above tacked prominantly on the XL1S Camera could yield excellent results.

Another might try having someone else holding the camera, while you explain how you would place them, the would-be smouldering subject, in your film. As the director/producer...

The bigger battery works to attract. Its how you use it... HAR HAR

Cheers!
Old November 1st, 2002, 11:44 AM   #11
Air China Pilot

On the other hand, the XL1S also attracts security guards...
Old November 1st, 2002, 11:49 AM   #12
Retired DV Info Net Almunus

So the consensus is that carrying around an XL-1 doesn't attract smoldering babes, but does attract 50 year-old men and security guards?

That does it...time to put the camera in the closet and start carrying around an electric guitar.
Old November 1st, 2002, 11:56 AM   #13
Wrangler

It's sad, but I've had more men come up to talk to me about the camera than women. Now if I had it with me at a night club, that would probably all change real fast.
Old November 1st, 2002, 12:08 PM   #14
Trustee

Ok...it's time to settle this...I asked my smouldering-babe girlfriend which camera she liked best...and she said she really has no interest in cameras whatsoever...only photographers...so probably we better all start working on our abs rather than our accessories.

Barry
Old November 1st, 2002, 12:14 PM   #15
Major Player

Yes, it does attract Security Personel with nothing-else-better-to-do than strut their pow-A.

Let someone else hold the camera while they look at you enamored for directing the production. Its not only the technology, or the cool physical design of the XL1S Sculpture. Thats the hook.

HAR HAR

Like the above post, the camera peaks interest, but it is the human 'photographer.' The Smoldering Woman on this side agrees with the above and importantly moi. HAR HAR :-)

An interesting test... To go to Union Square or Times Square and drop the lure...
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion