Do you find it impossible to edit... - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old March 8th, 2010, 06:18 AM   #16
Major Player

Guys, Just read the thread, some great info....

Re the kids, make sure you keep taking stills and video as they grow older, particularly through the teen years, get 'em used to the camera whilst they're young. Why, well my two daughters, who are twins, will be 21 next Feb..... They're Mum and I separated many years ago but stay in contact. I rang her the other day asking if I could go through the stills she has as I'm putting together a tape for the girls 21st.....she has had the same idea, we'll collaborate and produce a doozy.....I think we'll call it the 'revenge tape' We'll show it at the 21st party, the girls have no idea..... poetic justice and I've got to say there are some really funny scenes captured on video......Things I'd forgotten all about....

Al
Alan Melville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2010, 06:25 AM   #17
Major Player

Vito, That was a ripper little video......well done :) Next one will have to be a lipstick cam on the bike while he learns to ride it !!!!!!!!!

Al
Alan Melville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2010, 08:15 AM   #18
Trustee

Thanks, guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Barber View Post
The blender was brilliant. :)
Yeah, the sound is quite shocking. It was all planned to look bad but be safe. The coffe grinder won't go on unless the top is on, the knife was dull, the stove can't go on unless you push in the knobs (and he was unable), and I used a split screen for the ladder scene so that I could erase the fact that I was actually standing behind him as he climbed.

Everyone was horrifed except my mom who said "that was cute".

Anyway, back to Ray's subject, it's tough to find peace and quiet to work uninterrupted, and I don't know about you guys, but there's something about our work that makes others think we can be interrupted anytime and it doesn't matter. Why is that?

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion