Live Studio broadcasting via website at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old March 20th, 2010, 02:15 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Live Studio broadcasting via website

How do I do it?

I have my website all set up. I run it myself and can get into the FTP for whatever cause I know I will need to do that much...

But how do I set up our studios computer so that it will broadcast a live (as live as can be not like, 30 second intervals) video feed via a link on my website?

I am running XP SP3 and have a Logitech camera for it. It is connected via a wireless router directly to the cable modem.

Any help would be nice....
Old March 20th, 2010, 11:20 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Like iCarly?

I spent a few seconds googling and came up with this. Looks pretty comprehensive.
Mark Wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2010, 07:13 PM   #3
Regular Crew

I am not looking to stream an already made piece of video, I want to do a live broadcast from the webcam in the studio.
Old March 21st, 2010, 10:55 PM   #4
Equal Opportunity Offender

You may wish to start out trying a service like USTREAM.

See if that works for you as a mechanism, and then you can advance to the finer points of embedding the player window in a web page on your site.

Andrew
Andrew Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2010, 11:10 AM   #5
Inner Circle

It depends on the number of viewers. If only you need to watch, free options are available with software like VLC Player and others.

If you anticipate many people connect to the site, the bandwidth has to be the desired bandwidth times number of viewers - in which case you will need a dedicated provider service. You will 'push' the stream to the service provider, and your viewers will connect to that service provider. There are some free ones (ad supported) with severly limited bandwidth (= poor video/audio quality), or you may choose to pay and have quality plus no annoying ads.
Old March 22nd, 2010, 09:05 PM   #6
Major Player

Viewcast makes a number of cards that would fit in your Windows XP machine. I use to stream from my windows 2000 server using the Viewcast Osprey 210 the 230 lets you stream stereo sound

Osprey 230 Capture Card - ViewCast

I basically experienced about a 12 second delay between my windows media server and the Osprey Capture card delivering the data and being processed by the microsoft windows media server software. viewcast also offers a number of streaming video appliances that are sort of turnkey.

Just a thought. I haven't used the gear for around 5 or 6 years ago. I always stream already shot videos through Vital Stream a streaming video service. there are many out there now days.

I also noticed this device

Barix Exstreamer Instreamer by Streamguys

it also appears to do what you need. good luck
Douglas Call is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2010, 11:03 AM   #7
Regular Crew

Webcast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Nelson View Post
How do I do it?

I have my website all set up. I run it myself and can get into the FTP for whatever cause I know I will need to do that much...

But how do I set up our studios computer so that it will broadcast a live (as live as can be not like, 30 second intervals) video feed via a link on my website?

I am running XP SP3 and have a Logitech camera for it. It is connected via a wireless router directly to the cable modem.

Any help would be nice....
cHECK vidblaster.com great for what you want, can be programed for automated broadcast check under their blog.

I use avtake.com its more pro both for tv and live webcast. more pro but not for webcams.

Last edited by Ric Marrty; March 29th, 2010 at 11:35 AM.
Ric Marrty is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion