DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Open DV Discussion (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/open-dv-discussion/)
-   -   EasyPrompter looking for beta testers (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/open-dv-discussion/476728-easyprompter-looking-beta-testers.html)

Mike Drob April 13th, 2010 08:47 AM

EasyPrompter looking for beta testers

So I'm sure many of you have already seen my EasyPrompter teleprompter software online. It's free and does just about everything you need from a teleprompter software.

In any case, many of you have asked me in the past about some more pro-type features and I"m finally putting that work together! EasyPrompter PRO is in a pretty solid state right now and I'm just about ready for beta testers. Some of the new features:
  • Allows saving of scripts! (#1 requested feature): now you can log in from anywhere and retrieve your script
  • The eyeline indicator can now be positioned freely
  • Line spacing is adjustable
  • A few more text styling controls (like italics and such)
  • A refreshed user interface

This is, of course, on top of the existing features you already may be using
  • Mirrored text
  • Adjustable speed/font size
  • Ability to undock the control panel to control the teleprompter from a different monitor
  • Offline mode
  • Elapsed Time counter

Anyway, if any of you are interested in beta-testing EasyPrompter PRO (which will be a premium product once it goes live), please let me know.

Top contributors will get a FREE membership to EasyPrompter PRO!

All questions/comments are always welcome!

email me at info [at] easyprompter.com or PM me here.

Thanks everyone - your contributions have made this the best online teleprompter solution!

Jerry Porter April 13th, 2010 09:40 AM

Mike, your EasyPrompter is a FANTASTIC product and you are a great help to the community!! I would love to Beta for you, but I don't think that I do enough teleprompter work to be that much of a help. To those of you who have not tried this, you are really missing out on a great, very helpful tool!!

Mike Drob April 13th, 2010 11:40 AM

Thanks Jerry,

You don't have to be a heavy user of teleprompting software to beta test. I need it more for the sake of making sure the website is working and you're not encountering any weird issues when you do use the prompter. If you want to beta, shoot me an email

Min Lee April 13th, 2010 12:25 PM

I’ll do it. I’ve sent you an email.

Björn Rehder April 13th, 2010 01:06 PM

I've used your teleprompter on one of my very first teleprompter experiments. It really worked superb.Now with the feature of saving scripts, I can rehearse and set-up ahead of time. I'm doing monthly corporate shows so there's an opportunity to beta test it. Will give you a PM.

Mike Drob April 13th, 2010 03:01 PM

I got you all on the list. Will notify as soon as beta is open.

Mike Drob April 19th, 2010 08:40 AM

Question for all of you:

When you have your scripts set up, do you typically set it up once and then just need to recall it asap or do you tweak settings almost every time you run it? Currently, the pre-beta puts emphasis on running the script with the option to edit (instead of vice versa).

Some new features so far are:
- "Manage Scripts" section where you can add, edit/delete or run scripts from
- movable eyeline indicator (just drag it to wherever you need it and it'll automatically save)
- italics (works just like highlighting)
- adjustable line spacing

anything else you wanna see?

Thanks!

Jerry Porter April 19th, 2010 08:52 AM

Most of the time when I'm using the prompter it's a corporate type video and there are always last minute changes to the script. I generally edit the script in word and then cut an past it into the prompter. Unless it's a very large script it's just easier to edit that way. For me at least.

Mike Drob April 19th, 2010 12:06 PM

Well you'll still be able to that, naturally. Also, as far as length goes (and to totally beat the crap out of every offering online right now), I pasted the whole screenplay to "Aladdin" into EasyPrompter (it's the first one I could find online) and it worked like a champ!

Mario Vermunt April 19th, 2010 11:38 PM

A great option for me would be to remotely control start - stop and perhaps speed. I have seen a system that works with an iPad as display an an iPhone for control.

There is always the need for last minute (second) editing text. But that works fine in the present version.

In my view ease of use is very important. Too many options makes it more difficult to work with for unexperienced helpers.

Mike Drob April 21st, 2010 09:13 PM

Mario - you can sorta do remote right now with a wireless keyboard (space bar to start, stop, arrow keys adjust speed, etc). a remote mouse will also do for speed adjustments via the wheel.
another great option is a programmable wireless mouse (the kinds used for presentations for instance). you can configure the keys to start/stop/rewind/ff,etc. - would actually be pretty slick and cost a lot less than the dedicated solutions.

since this is web-based, having a separate device like iphone controlling it would be a bit tough (not impossible, i just dont have that kinda time)

Jerry Porter April 22nd, 2010 06:37 AM

I use a wireless mouse and it works great.

Mike Drob April 22nd, 2010 09:47 PM

something like the Gyration Air Mouse GO Plus would work perfect - it's got 3 assignable keys so u can use them for play/pause / ff/ rev and use the scroll wheel to adjust speed.

Mike Drob April 23rd, 2010 11:32 PM

Overview video is up!
EasyPrompter Pro Beta - Overview video

Björn Rehder April 24th, 2010 05:10 AM

WOW! this looks prompt... uh.. I mean promising! Well done.
I gather that this will not yet be available for the "offline" version?