cant wait till shooting with A DSLR fad dies - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old May 1st, 2010, 02:44 PM   #31
Trustee

I really thought that the 5D would level the playing field and be a big game changer for people who think out of the box, but I'm having way too many problems with it on my new feature, "The Fascinating World of Bricks, Shingles, and Gratings" to ever consider shooting with it ever again. It also doesn't really fit in with my Hummer H2 lifestyle.
Marcus Marchesseault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2010, 03:07 PM   #32
Trustee

Please Marcus,

I sometimes read here with my morning coffee. And I resent being made to clean my screen after laughing out loud at stuff.

So stop it, please. ; )
Bill Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2010, 03:27 PM   #33
Trustee

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/463811-REG/Sanyo_CE42LM4WPN_NA_CE42LM4WPNNA_42_Waterproof_LCD.html
(BTW, I appreciate this discussion, but we need a sticky at the top of every forum that reads, "It is not the tools that create motion pictures but rather the craftsman that wields them.")
Marcus Marchesseault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2010, 03:55 PM   #34
Inner Circle

Marcus,

what a great thread!

I have been lurking along here until your last post and I too had to clean my screen!!!

It does seem a fad to some degree, but one can't blame people for being excited about new equipment. New stuff is always a great incentive to get out filming!!!

I thought long and hard about a dslr when I was in the second camera market to back up my canon xlh1.

While I paid more for the video camera, a dslr was a whole new learning curve, more accessories, more software, and in the big picture almost nobody really can tell the difference once it is on the TV. some people may notice the depth of field thing, However, video shot properly, without a letus/etc., can be manipulated to have pretty shallow DOF; enough that other than a real critic may not even notice.

When a dslr can shoot variable frame rates up to 200 or more frames a second, retain a full sized (1080x1980) image, allow me to use my canon lenses, then I will have one preordered. But, I may be to old and decreped to get one then, or my pension may be to small to afford one.

dale guthormsen

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion