Does the Fujinon SRD-92B work with the Canon YJ-series lenses? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old May 31st, 2010, 10:38 PM   #1
Major Player

Does the Fujinon SRD-92B work with the Canon YJ-series lenses?

Hi all,

Just picked up a Fujinon SRD-92B zoom controller from eBay, attached it to my Canon YJ-13x6.5 IF lens and...nothing.

If I zoom right in using the rocker on the handgrip of the lens, I can zoom out using the remote control, but the remote control won't zoom IN from the wide position. The start/stop button and return button work as they should.

I also noticed when I try to zoom in, the f-stop reading comes up on the lcd on the side of the camera (I am using a Panasonic AGHPX-502 P2 camera). SO I am sensing a compatibility issue.

Can anyone help me out here please?

Cheers,

DC
David Cleverly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2010, 11:11 PM   #2
Major Player

I just tried it again and realised that as soon as I plug the remote in, the lens closes down. Any wide/telephoto selection on the remote's rocker switch opens the lens up.

This is either a fault or incompatibility. Being an eBay purchase, I would like to know asap either way.

Cheers.
David Cleverly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2010, 11:49 AM   #3
Trustee

A Fujinon controller won't work with a Canon lens, the pins are configured differently.
Warren Kawamoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2010, 05:56 AM   #4
Trustee

You might be able to find a converter cable from Fujinon to Canon configuration you need. I have one for a Canon controller to Fujinon which works fine.

Assuming the pin number is the same this could work

VariZoom Lens Controls - Zoom &amp Focus Controls, Camera Stabilizers & Supports, Batteries, Monitor Kits
Daniel Epstein is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion