Are there any Pro camcorders supporting SMPTE 424M? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old October 16th, 2010, 06:32 AM   #1
Major Player

Are there any Pro camcorders supporting SMPTE 424M?

I've been trying to find a link to all the professional camcorders that currently support SMPTE 372M or SMPTE 424M with zero luck. what I'm really looking for is do any pro camcorders support 1080p @60fps?
Douglas Call is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2010, 10:10 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Red One
Phantom HD
Weisscam
Sony F35 (50fps)

That's off the top of my head.
Old October 17th, 2010, 07:15 AM   #3
Major Player

Thanks Perrone for your information. I did look up the various cameras you mentioned and noticed that most of those units were special purpose high speed cameras or upto 4K capture units. With exception of the Sony. Which you did mention does support the 1080p @ 60fps in fixed mode.

I guess what I meant to ask is are there any conventional camcorder units meaning non 4K or high speed special purpose units (digital cinema etc) that provides good old 1080p and 720p at 60fps. I was thinking along the lines of standard broadcast qualtiy Panasonic, Sony, Canon and Ikegami type units. Mainly because the target application is video look not film look plus the fact these more conventional units are less expensive and much more widely available than the highly specialized units.
Old October 17th, 2010, 07:24 AM   #4
Inner Circle

You can get 720 60p on the Varicam. 1080 tends to be interlace at 50 & 59.97 and progressive at the lower frame rates.
Brian Drysdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2010, 08:14 AM   #5
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas Call View Post
I guess what I meant to ask is are there any conventional camcorder units meaning non 4K or high speed special purpose units (digital cinema etc) that provides good old 1080p and 720p at 60fps. I was thinking along the lines of standard broadcast qualtiy Panasonic, Sony, Canon and Ikegami type units. Mainly because the target application is video look not film look plus the fact these more conventional units are less expensive and much more widely available than the highly specialized units.
None that I am aware of.
Old October 17th, 2010, 10:51 AM   #6
Major Player

Thanks Perrone, that's what I thought. Well one thing is for sure the NAB show is coming up in about 5 or 6 months, so who knows what kind of new gear they might announce by then?
Old October 17th, 2010, 10:53 AM   #7
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Drysdale View Post
You can get 720 60p on the Varicam. 1080 tends to be interlace at 50 & 59.97 and progressive at the lower frame rates.
Thanks for that info. The Panasonic Varicams are getting down right reasonably priced now days!
Douglas Call is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion