XH A1 w/ Letus vs 7D? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old November 6th, 2010, 10:14 PM   #1
Major Player

XH A1 w/ Letus vs 7D?

Currently I have a Canon XH A1 with a Letus 35mm adapter. I like it but it's very touchy and always takes a decent amount of time to set it up properly, focus, etc. I really don't mind the setup time; the main thing I dislike about it is the limited aperture for low light shooting, and how much frame I have to lose by zooming in to get rid of the vignetting. By doing this I have to use a pretty wide lens to compensate for the loss of frame.

I went to a film festival this weekend and saw a ton of short films all shot on the Canon 7D that all looked really great (yes I've heard all the buzz on this camera before the festival).

I will be using the camera for mostly short documentaries and short films. My purpose of this post is to get some personal and professional opinions on both options, the XH A1 with a Letus setup or 7D?

Thanks,
O.D.
Oliver Darden is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion