Multi camera bag at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old November 10th, 2002, 05:01 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Multi camera bag

Hey gang. I am looking around for a camera bag that can hold, a PD100a, GL1, and my Fuji 602, along with the Sony wide angel lens that comes with the pd100, a Century .3 Mark 11, ME66, and a 1.5x telephoto lens. Is there such a bag that I could Cary all of this, safely? In addition, if so who makes it. Thanks

Alex
Alex Ratson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2002, 06:13 PM   #2
Trustee

Alex,

There are a number of backpack style bags on the market that should suit your needs. I prefer Lowe Pro and use the Photo Trekker Classic. It's big enough to carry all my photo and video gear including XL1 (with lens attached, viewfinder removed), EOS SLR body, 70-200 f2.8 zoom, 28-105 3.5-4.5 zoom, 2x converter, filters, flash, video light, batteries, tapes, and asorted items like tapes, cables and headphones. There is also the Lowe Pro Street and Field series that is a little more expensive but a larger range.
Adrian Douglas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2002, 06:24 PM   #3
Retired DV Info Net Almunus

Just to add one more to Adrian's list, LowePro also makes a backpack model with handle and rollers, the Road Runner AW. It comes in two sizes actually (both supposedly carry-on size). The smaller size is about the same as the one Adrian is talking about. The only difference really is the fact that you can wheel it behind you.
Old November 11th, 2002, 11:26 AM   #4
Regular Crew

I've been using a Pelican 1600 (hard case) for a 100a, 150, two walkmans and some tapes. The website offers dimentions, but beware to leave some room for padding thickness (3/4" top and bottom). I don't have the WA in it.
Old November 21st, 2002, 09:17 PM   #5
Slash Rules!

Those Lowe Pro bags. . .do you have a ballpark price? I think it's time to upgrade from my KATA C3333. I want to store my matte box and zoom controllers as well as the other crap.
Josh Bass is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion