Online Case Finder? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old February 19th, 2011, 09:46 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Online Case Finder?

I am looking for an online case finder where I can enter in the dimensions of my camera with mike and lav attached and find cases that will fit it.

With the shotgun, windscreen and lav receiver mount attached, my XF305 measures 24" long, 11" wide and 12" high.

Is there someplace where I can enter these numbers and find cases of this size?

I am looking for a shoulder bag for around town travel and storage. For airline travel I will knock the camera down so it fits in a carry on.
Bob Prichard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2011, 03:57 PM   #2
Major Player

I haven't done business with them, but Strut cases who advertise here look like they have a nice product and have dimension "fits" on their website
Wayne Reimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2011, 05:10 PM   #3
Inner Circle

imo you need a case with pick n' pluck foam to protect the gear and the space between the items needs to be large enough to do that. I'd lay all the gear out on a table with that in mind then measure around the outside of that layout .. then look for a case. Pelican Products | Product Finder

Lay the heaviest items (camera) near the case hinge, so when it stands up the weight is at the bottom. Study the PnP slicing technique and take your time. Pick 'N' Pluck foam - cutting tips

I've got a Pelican 1510, advertised as carry-on but when I load it up, it's too heavy for most carriers, also it's not temperature proof so don't leave it in a hot trunk for a few hours .. apart from that it's great. HTH

Cheers.
Old February 20th, 2011, 06:00 AM   #4
Trustee

My friend and top sound recordist has just set up a company in the UK that may be of help to you: www.bestcaseuk.co.uk

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion