Bad playback on Canon HV40 - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old February 22nd, 2011, 02:08 AM   #16
Inner Circle

Er, Stan.............

Whenever you change tape brands, run a cleaning tape through the deck first, else you're asking for trouble.

Try it again now, but not sure what help it's going to be at this point.

As for the video "slowing down", I cannot offer an explanation, given that it is digital, so "slowing down" simply isn't an option, unless something was changed on the camera/s like 60i to 30p or vice versa, tho' I would have thought the ingest system would have spat that back up, but then.........who knows?

If HDVsplit is as robust as claimed, it might have survived even that and simply done what it was told, ingest as 60i even with a 30p signal or vice versa, only thing I can think of.

CS
Chris Soucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2011, 05:58 PM   #17
Regular Crew

Re: Bad playback on Canon HV40

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Here's a sample of the slow video.

I got that second laptop from my wife I had mentioned. I tried capturing with Vegas from the same camera and cable. The video was fine but after about 3 minutes I'd get a blue screen of death and the computer crashed. So I tried capturing with HDVSplit and the first tape seems to have captured fine so that's a huge weight off my shoulders.

My only concern is that there used to be some bug with Vegas not always liking video captured with HDVSplit. The first HDV project I shot last summer I captured with HDVSplit and after editing when I tried to render it crashed repeatedly. I ended up rendering to DV because that's all that didn't crash. I was told after the fact that it was HDVSplit.
Stan Harkleroad is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion