Journalist as a director/producer - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old March 20th, 2011, 06:12 AM   #16
Major Player

Re: Journalist as a director/producer

Steve,

I feel for you, my friend. I doubt I'll ever work with this lady again...she was panic stricken when I told her I didn't HAVE tape to give her. Seriously. I showed her the SD cards, which made it worse. I had to put them into my camera and play back the shots before she would actually calm down.

Unfortunately, on this shoot I was the camera operator/lighting tech only. No creative input needed or wanted.I tried a couple of times to suggest different angles for better footage, but it was clear she was not interested in hearing my advice.

It was obvious that she worked in print media; her requests for shots made sense in most cases to the 40 year still photographer in me. Some angles just don't translate well into video. However, she got what she asked for, I'll get paid, and yes....I heard " tell me a bit about" at least 40 times in one day
Wayne Reimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2011, 07:24 AM   #17
Trustee

Re: Journalist as a director/producer

Wayne the worry is though that the journalist's see the print media guys with their DSLR's and hey I can also do video journalism and shoot it myself, that certainly seems to be what is happening around here and most of the corporate market is now swamped with journalists who thing they can do it all!

HD to a lot of journalists is any camera capable of shooting HD so the benchmark for production becomes a Z5 or a DSLR, one guy has recently got an EX-3 but he is one of the few who can tell and shoot a story correctly!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion