DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Open DV Discussion (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/open-dv-discussion/)
-   -   Oh Fortuna sound alike music track (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/open-dv-discussion/500607-oh-fortuna-sound-alike-music-track.html)

Burk Webb September 12th, 2011 12:48 PM

Oh Fortuna sound alike music track

Howdy. I'm hoping someone here knows of a music library that has an "Oh Fortuna" sound alike track. I'm just not having any luck on my own.

Anyone? Thanks a bunch for any help.

Eugene J. Kulak September 13th, 2011 09:46 AM

Re: Oh Fortuna sound alike music track

could you be more specific as to what you mean by "Oh Fortuna"? Do mean the group, the music style, or the classical "Oh Fortuna?

Robin Davies-Rollinson September 13th, 2011 11:09 AM

If you need a Karl Orff soundalike, you could try this:

Techno Galactica, Dramatic Music, music for haunted houses, scene music

Burk Webb September 13th, 2011 11:25 AM

Thanks for the replies folks and thanks for the link Robin. That is pretty close in mood but i need something much more orchestral sounding.

Just to clarify -

I'm looking for a sound alike of the Carl Orff classical piece called O Fortuna from the play Carmina Burana. This is probably most famously used in the scene in Excalibur when Arthur rides out with his knights one last time.

Excalibur - YouTube

My hope is to find something that is almost identical (choir, classical instruments, etc) with all the same music beats - the tense choir open, the slow build and then the big orchestra climax.

This is such a popular and distinctive song, for some reason I just assumed there would be a few sound alikes in music libraries but I am having no luck.

Thanks for any help!

Eugene J. Kulak September 14th, 2011 06:26 AM

Burt try Royalty Free Music Album - Amotz Plessner & Friends Vol 1 - Epic Drama and click on the play button for the piece titled "invasion". This might work for you.

Burk Webb September 14th, 2011 04:18 PM

Nice one Eugene! That sure is in the ballpark from my playing of the preview. Guess I'll have to install smartsound to see if this will work for me.

Christian Brown September 14th, 2011 04:30 PM

How about "O Four Tuna"?

YTMND - Carmina Burana, alternate lyrics

Chris Barcellos September 14th, 2011 04:40 PM

That same music or very similar is in the soundtrack for Glory.

Also, check out Digital Juices Back Traxx and other music.

Bruce Foreman September 15th, 2011 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Burk Webb (Post 1682104)
Nice one Eugene! That sure is in the ballpark from my playing of the preview. Guess I'll have to install smartsound to see if this will work for me.

SonicFire Pro 5 "Express Tracks" that comes with some music purchase (I think 5 single tracks qualifies now) is extremely simple and flexible to use, even to the extent of using their presets on multilayer music or doing your own adjustments on the instrument mix.

It is an incredible way of "scoring", measure the time in minutes and seconds, lay that in the time field, pick track version, and the computer and software automatically "compose" to that time length.

Listen, adjust the instrument mix or preset to your taste, and when done export as a WAV file (or whatever your editor needs) and put that on your music track on the timeline.

I purchased their "Scoring Edition" a few years ago and that features more flexibility including a timeline and a small video window you can play a low res version of your sequence needing a score. So you can watch to see how the music fits visuals while you listen.

I can't say enough positive about SmartSound, SonicFire, and their music.