Other Ways to Make Money With Video? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old October 9th, 2011, 11:05 AM   #16
Regular Crew

Re: Other Ways to Make Money With Video?

Thanks Guys for all the input!

My Video Business is just part time as of now, so that was why I was wondering what some of you other guys are doing.

I did a live Web Stream of a Funeral the other week. Pretty easy as far as that goes. I have done a birthday party, editing on peoples old Wedding Videos, recorded Race Horses that are ready to go to auction.

I would love to find out more about Real Estate Videos! I know some companies have them but I don't think any in my area do. Is there a market for this?
Tyson Yoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2011, 11:11 AM   #17
Trustee

I've been asked by various "website" companies based on the mainland to shoot client company commercials here in Hawaii. I was supposed to shoot the interviews of the president or company manager who explains what they do or sell, shoot b roll of the product/services, then upload the raw footage back to the website company for editing. I keep turning them down because they only pay $125-150 per shoot, and it takes 2- 3 hours to shoot. Add the prep, driving, and uploading time, it might take about 4-5 hours per project to complete...not worth my time in my opinion, but could be acceptable for others who might be interested. Based on the amount of requests I've gotten, I'm guessing there are quite a lot of companies looking for shooters in your area.
Warren Kawamoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2011, 08:50 PM   #18
Inner Circle

Hi Tyson

Apart from "Millionaire Homes" Realtors don't want to invest in promo videos for homes as they can usually get by with printed or web ads with just photos!!

However with rental homes they really do need to have an inspection before each new tenant takes occupation so it's a nice little niche market!!! Very much "bread and butter" as already mentioned but quite a nice source of income!!!

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2011, 01:12 AM   #19
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyson Yoder View Post
I was wondering when if you guys care to share what are some of the ways you make money with video. Any suggestions?
Tyson, looks like there's about 10 car clubs in your area ... contact each of them with a proposal to produce a DVD of the cars in the club, their owners, the makers history, and the club. They can sell this to club members and on their web sites to others.

Also research other types of clubs in your area.

Cheers.
Old October 11th, 2011, 08:44 PM   #20
Regular Crew

Get in touch with local news affiliates, who are always looking for freelancers to shoot stuff for them when they're short on photographers and/or slammed with a busy news day.

Go door to door to local businesses and offer to do commercial spots for their business for cheap. Once you've gotten a few under your belt, you can up your charge. Make contacts with local AE's who will help you and the business owners get their spots on the air.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion