adding voice over (subtitle) on movie at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion

Open DV Discussion
For topics which don't fit into any of the other categories.

Old August 30th, 2005, 11:29 PM   #1
Regular Crew

adding voice over (subtitle) on movie

How would you go about adding a audio subtitle or voice over explaining the video. Can you do it with Encore? Thanks guys.
Nathan Petersen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2005, 03:12 AM   #2
Major Player

Utilizing what editing application?

I would just record VO and run it under what you are trying to explain. See say. The video shows a man digging a ditch, have an audio track with a voice saying "Bob is digging a ditch."

Or, if you want to have it written on screen, simply add a title saying "Bob is digging a ditch."

It's pretty straightforward, or am I misunderstanding your question?
Shane Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2005, 05:28 AM   #3
Inner Circle

I think you could do this (there could be more simple ways, don't know):
You record your voice over in realtime, you export it as WAV (or mp3) and I think you can put it in Encore, you go to the timeline of your video, and you ADD a audiotrack, where you put your second audiotrack. And then you make a menu where people can choose which they get.
Sometimes you have to go to properties to link the second audiotrack to your video.
OR you could just make your titles with - and I'm now just hoping you have this software, because you name Adobe Encore, but other software could do very well too - Photoshop and I don't know if you can put it in Encore. You could put it in Premiere, above your original video, but I don't know if you then have chance to play your video without subtitles, I'm afraid not.
Hope this helps a little bit,
Mathieu Ghekiere is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Open DV Discussion