DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Open DV Discussion (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/open-dv-discussion/)
-   -   Happy new 2012!! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/open-dv-discussion/503982-happy-new-2012-a.html)

Allan Black December 31st, 2011 01:21 AM

Happy new 2012!!

Well it's 1800hrs (that's 6pm :) on December 31st here in Sydney. The crews are getting ready for our big harbour fireworks shows.

The kids display starts at 2100hrs and for us big kids, it's at midnight. The harbour bridge will do its thing again .. big time!

Wherever you are in the world, if you can, watch it, the guy who bought our studios does the audio and I always think I'm looking over his shoulder ;0

HAPPY NEW YEAR to all DVinfo members and visitors. May 2012 bring you all that is the very best.

Cheers.

Gary Nattrass December 31st, 2011 05:14 AM

Re: Happy new 2012!!

Happy New Year Allan and all the very best for 2012!

Bob Safay December 31st, 2011 05:22 AM

Happy New Year to you all, no matter where you may be. Bob

Mike Beckett December 31st, 2011 06:00 AM

Yeah Alan, I had heard there was small party* in Sydney, and someone had brought a small box of fireworks with them.

Happy New Year to everyone at DVinfo, especially Chris and the team who have to put up with all us oddballs.

(*1.5million people, according to ABC news!)

Chris Harding December 31st, 2011 07:59 AM

Happy 2012 Allan

At this moment it's all done and dusted in Sydney as it would be coming up to 1am as it's coming up to 10pm here in Perth. The USA has a while to go yet!!! New Zealand is close to the first to welcome in the New Year.

May 2012 be prosperous and happy for everyone on the forum.

Chris

Mike Beckett December 31st, 2011 08:05 AM

The Sydney show was amazing, I thought - I liked the way they added depth this year, with the display going along as well as across the harbour. Fantastic.

The TV coverage was pretty good too (is it from Nine, or Seven?). Shame the BBC hid half of the river of fire from the bridge by slapping a huge caption over it.

Sara Jourhmane December 31st, 2011 09:31 AM

New York City is still waiting....

Allan Black December 31st, 2011 05:44 PM

Thanks guys and Sara .. here she comes!! :))

Mike, yes it was fantastic, it was Channel 9 and our Al Craig did the audio. I guess you'll all see/saw the midnight show which was 15mins, the 9pm kids show was 10. That's a heck of a lot of fireworks and our money going up in smoke .. er bright lights lol.

We are harbourside with friends and had a big TV screen going. I thought the coverage was great, we had 2 choppers right over the top of us at times. Interestingly the delay to the TV set was 1 1/2 secs.

Maaaybe it should have included 1 or 2 shots from crowd level with some wide eyed kids, but hey! what a show, congrats to all especially to the person with the lighter. lol.

Sunday 1045 am here, very quiet sunny day, actually I don't have a hangover this year, the authorities have banned the crowds from bringing alcohol and glass down by the harbourside but all the many garbage bins are brim full .. hey here come the cleanup crews, they're all a part of it too :)

Have a safe 2012 folks.

Cheers.

Dale Guthormsen January 1st, 2012 09:21 AM

Happy new year!

May your best shots of 2011 be your worst of 2012!!!